Chapter 6: New Beginnings

It took almost an entire month for Lord Hokage to summon Hisako again with the hopes of finally finding her a home. During that time, she felt like she was never alone. Someone was always there, looking over her, even though she couldn't see them. She spent most of her time exploring the village. Many of the villagers offered her free food, and goods and showed her great kindness but she still didn't see a reason to speak.

She was silent as Itachi lead her to Lord Hokage's estate once again. This time, however, instead of being greeted by the harsh glare from Lord Fugaku, she was met with another man. His lavender eyes were cold and calculating as well, and as she stepped into the office, she felt a sense of trepidation. He seemed like another leader of some sort of clan. She's never seen his eyes before, never met anyone from his clan.

She swallowed her fear and stepped into the middle of the room again, sending out a silent prayer that this wouldn't end up like last time.

"Lord Hyuga, this is Hisako Fuyu Uchiha, the girl I told you about who is the only survivor of the Glacier Village Destruction," Lord Hokage introduced.

"Fuyu," Lord Hyuga repeated, and Hisako stilled when he mentioned the name, his hard gaze broke for a second, and she saw a softness, almost a fondness in his eyes, "Are you Lady Hana's daughter by chance?" he asked quietly.

Hisako's eyes widened, and she had a look of shock and disbelief on her face. Did he know her Mother? How did he know her Mother? She never mentioned someone from this clan before. But, from the fondness in his voice, it seemed that he knew her.

"I can tell by your expression you are, and," he hesitated, his eyes darting down to her crystal necklace, "you wear her necklace,"

Hisako's hands went to grab onto her necklace, as she nodded her head in confirmation. Lord Hyuga took a few steps towards Hisako, his gaze softening.

"I knew your Mother, Hisako," he said gently, quietly, a small smile graced his lips, and he turned back to the Hokage, "I will take her into the Hyuga Clan. She will be under my protection,"

Hisako's eyes felt like they were going to pop out of her skull. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. This man was so willing to take her in, to protect her when her own blood Uncle refused and damned her. Why would he be so willing to do this?

"I'm glad to hear it, Lord Hyuga. I will also tell you, she hasn't spoken since the incident," Lord Hokage replied.

Lord Hyuga didn't lose his smile, "She is Hana's daughter. She will find her voice when she needs to. I have no doubt,"

He turned back to Hisako, "It will take me a few days to prepare for your arrival, until then,"

Lord Hyuga bowed to Lord Hokage before leaving the office.

There were a few moments of silence before Itachi spoke up, "how did you know to contact the Hyuga's, Lord Hokage?" he asked, curiosity in his voice.

Lord Hokage let out a deep rumbling laugh, "it took a lot of digging, and it was mostly chance. I found out that Lord Hyuga and Hisako's Mother were good friends many years ago and that the Fuyu Clan and the Hyuga Clan always had close ties. I just had to hope that when the time came, he would accept her,"

A few days went by and Hisako found herself in the unfamiliar Hyuga Estate. The estate was massive, a lot larger than the Fuyu Clan and there were a lot more members in this clan. She was amazed by how many members there were in this clan. When Itachi had dropped her off, a young boy with bandages wrapped around his forehead greeted her. He was a few years older than she was, and his lavender eyes were cold, and she could see clearly the pain that lay deep within his eyes. Her heart ached for him. She wasn't sure why his gaze held all that pain and sorrow.