𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝘾𝙇𝙄𝙀𝙉𝙏

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 : 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙀𝘾𝙆𝙊𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

After the eventful evening, Kuiil travels on the remaining blurrg while Mando, Shivani and Cara trail behind Greef and the hunters

After the eventful evening, Kuiil travels on the remaining blurrg while Mando, Shivani and Cara trail behind Greef and the hunters. They appear to be locked in an intense discussion which the trio behind eye suspiciously.

"You think they're having second thoughts?" Cara asks the pair, none of them removing their stare from the group in front.

"Could be." Mando replies, not liking the lack of control he has over the situation. "I need your eyes."

Cara nods at her friends. "I'm watching." She assures them as they continue on their journey.

Eventually, as they reach the town, their positions have switched. Mando, Shivani and Cara now find themselves walking alongside Greef while his hunters follow behind. Shivani often finds herself glancing over her shoulder at the pair, not trusting them when she can't see what they're doing.

They pause overlooking the town and Greef sighs, "I guess this is it." None of them notice the hunters behind them pulling out their blasters until Greef whips round and shoots them dead. Mand, Shivani and Cara flinch as they raise their blasters at him in shock. Greef raises both hands in the air with the blasters aimed upwards, showing them he means no harm. "There's something you should know." Greef strides past them with their blasters following every move he makes. He rolls one of the hunters onto his back and kicks away his blaster. "The plan was to kill you and take Val and the kid. But after what happened last night, I couldn't go through with it." All three blasters remain pointed at the man, their faces impassive and giving nothing away to him. "Go on. You can gun me down here and now and it wouldn't violate the Code. But if you do, those two will never be safe."

"We'll take our chances." Cara retorts with a menacing glare.

"The Imperial client is obsessed with obtaining these assets." Greef reminds them as the gears begin to turn in Shivani's head. "You tried to run, but where did it get you?"

"This is ridiculous." Cara snaps, looking for Mando and Shivani to back her up.

"Perhaps you should let him speak." Kuiil suggests wisely, to Cara's annoyance.

"Listen, we both need the client to be eliminated. Let me take Val and the child to him and then you two--" Greef proposes but is immediately shut down.

"No." Mando interrupts defiantly.

"Let's just kill him and get outta here." Cara urges, inching forward with her blaster.

But the Mandalorian lowers his blaster as he and Shivani lock gazes. "He's right." Shivani follows his lead and slides the blaster back into her thigh holster.