𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙉𝘼𝙈𝙀

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"Are you gonna answer my question now?" The Mandalorian asks as Shivani enters the cockpit

She freezes in the doorway. "What question?" Mando switches the ship to autopilot and turns around in his seat to tilt his helmet at her. "Don't give me that look."

"Then don't avoid answering." Mando retorts, folding his arms over his chest. "Did that piece of scum hurt you?" The anger present in his voice surprises her. She knew he was mad at Toro for betraying them, but she didn't think he'd be so enraged that she was hurt in the process. Her silence and lack of eye contact is all the answer Mando needs. He sighs and stands up from the pilot seat, taking her hand and pulling her with him. "We need to get your injuries treated before they become infected."

"Mando, it's fine. I can do it myself." She protests, climbing down the ladder to the cargo hold. She gathered some bandages and bacta spray as Mando followed behind. As she breezed past him, he caught her arm gently and pulled her in front of him.

"I want to help you." He confessed softly, staring deeply into her eyes through the visor of his helmet. "Please."

The mighty Mandalorian had never seemed so small before, pleading with her to let him help. In truth, Shivani knew she would never be able to properly assess her wounds as they were located on her back and shoulder. But letting the Mandalorian help meant that he would see her skin. And her tattoos. The thought of revealing the part of herself that she had tried so hard to hide for so many years made her feel vulnerable. She was terrified that she would be betraying Katali and breaking the promise she made. But it didn't feel like betrayal. Not with him.

"Fine." She relented, shrugging her slightly singed cloak off her shoulders. Begrudgingly, she placed the medical supplies into Mando's outstretched hand. She's thankful that he turns away from her to set up his temporary medic station. Her hands shake as she sheds the gloves from her hands. It feels strange to be without them, like removing a layer of her own skin. The golden Aurelian suns on either hand glare up at her, reminding her of her disloyalty to her people. She hurriedly undos the clasps on her long-sleeved blue shirt to reveal the grey tank top underneath.

She stood awkwardly, rubbing her injured arm as the cold air of the ship made shivers run down her spine. Mando swivelled around and paused in his tracks, allowing his eyes to roam over the markings. "I didn't know you had tattoos." He comments, entranced by her bronzed skin.

Shivani doesn't reply, sitting on a crate in front of Mando with her back facing him. "There's two blaster wounds. One on my shoulder, one on my back." She explains quickly, swallowing down the painful memories her tattoos bring up. Mando senses that she isn't going to elaborate any further and gets to work. He moves her long braid over her shoulder to expose the cauterized flesh beneath. As he sprays the bacta spray on the injury, she tenses up with a hiss and instinctually reaches behind her to grip onto his hand.