𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙁𝘼𝙇𝙇 𝙊𝙁 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙑𝘼𝙇𝙆𝙔𝙍𝙄𝙀𝙎

They came at dawn. The sun had just peeked above the horizon when it was blocked out by a looming shape. The shining buildings of Jinyu had never been so dull. Citizens rushed out of their homes to ogle at the Star Destroyer commanding the skies. Of course, none of the Aurelians knew what it was. They had never seen one before. They had no idea of the destruction and terror these ships had caused across the galaxy.

The Valkyries observed the foreign ships in their atmosphere from the courtyard of their training grounds. The older Valkyries remained expressionless, not allowing their growing concern to show on their faces. However, the younger Valkyries were inexperienced in battle and hadn't yet taken their training further than sparring. They were terrified.

Shivani stood with Katali as the vast silhouettes soared overhead. "Tali, what is it?"

Katali didn't have much of an answer. No one did. They had never faced an opponent of this size before. It had only ever been raiders or small groups of pirates but never an invasion such as this.

Eos strided up to the pair with intent and purpose, an unreadable look on her face. "Katali. The enemy approaches. Saddle up and prepare for battle."

"Yes, Commander." Katali nodded solemnly and Eos hurried away. Shivani gazed up at her mentor in distraught.

"She can't expect you to go and fight against that." She exclaimed, staring up at the display of power and might.

"It's my duty, Vani." Katali replied, not daring to look into those big brown eyes for fear she would abandon her post. "I have no choice." The Valkyrie turned on her heel to get ready for a battle she was sure they would not win.

Shivani jumped in front of her with a narrowed gaze and determined manner. "There is always a choice, Tali. There is always another solution. You taught me that. There can be things that are more important than honouring your duty."

Katali stood in silence wondering where her innocent little girl had gone. Because the person who stood before her was an independent young woman, with wisdom beyond her years. She cupped Shivani's cheeks as desperate tears slipped down them. Her eyes drank in every single feature of her girl, for it may be the last time they see each other. "I will protect those who cannot protect themselves, Vani. That is more important."

Shivani shook her head hopelessly, her tears falling thick and fast. "Please." Katali placed a loving kiss on the girl's black hair, before backing away. Shivani felt arms wrap around her to hold her back from running after Katali. "No... No! No! Come back! Please!" She screamed and thrashed but the person refused to let go until Katali had disappeared from sight. Finally, Shivani slumped to the ground in defeat, glancing through her blurred eyes to find Zaia standing above her.

"Stay strong. She'll come back to you." Zaia assured, kneeling down next to her.

"How do you know that?" Shivani sniffled, roughly wiping the tears from her face.

Zaia smiled weakly. "Because she has someone to fight for."

There was a great war cry above them and all the young trainees looked up to find herds of Valkyries on the back of their winged horses charging above them. They showed no fear as they followed Eos into battle, their golden armour glowing in the shadows cast by the colossal ships.

The Aurelians had always believed that the power of their Golden Sun, had blessed them with all they possessed. Their substantial supply of gold, their bronzed skin, their brave Valkyries. Everything was a gift from the sun. Every battle had been won in sunlight. But they could no longer see the sun. This seemed like a sign for what was to come. The Battle of the Solar Eclipse was being fought which would either make Aurelia... or break Aurelia.