𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙑𝙄𝙇𝙇𝘼𝙂𝙀

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍 : 𝙎𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙏𝙐𝘼𝙍𝙔

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"Stay here with the kid

"Stay here with the kid." The Mandalorian requests to Shivani as she packs some things into the farmers' transport.

"Only if you tell me what you are doing." Shivani retorts, looking deep into the Mandalorian's visor. He tenses as it feels like she can see straight through the metal and is staring at his eyes. He's never felt so... exposed before. "If we're going to protect the child, you need to work on your communication skills. You need to tell me things. Not just give me orders and run off with no explanation."

"I'm sorry." The Mandalorian says softly. "I'm used to working alone. Working with someone is new to me."

"It's new for me as well." Shivani reveals with a gentle smile. "We can learn together."

The Mandalorian nods. "I'm going to get some more help. We'll see if Cara will join us in scaring off some raiders."

"Okay." Shivani grins, glad the two have made some progress in working together. "I'll stay with the kid." A crash is heard from behind them as the two farmers drop a crate they were carrying. "And I'll make sure those two don't break anything else."

The Mandalorian sighs in exasperation. "Agreed."

⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

"So, we're basically running off a band of raiders for lunch money?" Cara questions incredulously as the cart is pulled through the darkness.

"They're quartering us in the middle of nowhere." The Mandalorian corrects. "Last I checked, that's a pretty square deal for somebody in your position. Worst case scenario, you tune up your blaster. Best case, we're a deterrent. I can't imagine there's anything living in these trees that an ex-shock trooper couldn't handle."

The Mandalorian leans his back against the side of the cart. His arms stretch out along the rim and happen to fall behind Shivani's shoulders. Her muscles tense briefly at the sudden contact but she soon relaxes. It's just him. The Mandalorian wouldn't hurt her, she reminds herself. The warmth radiating from his body is very inviting in the brisk night air. Eventually, with the child snuggled between the two of them, she shuffles closer to his side. The Mandalorian doesn't even notice her drifting off until her head lolls onto his shoulder. He can't imagine the Beskar is a comfortable pillow for her so he maneuvers his cape to create a barrier between the metal and her head.

The child coos quietly as he looks back and forth between the two adults with a gummy smile. Even Cara furrows her eyebrows at the connection and surprising intimacy, but chooses not to comment. They all just settle down to enjoy an undisturbed night's rest before they find out what they're up against.