𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙒𝙊𝙉𝘿𝙀𝙍𝙄𝙉𝙂

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙎𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉 : 𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙍𝙀𝘾𝙆𝙊𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙂

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

The dusty plains of Arvala-7 are not nearly as inviting as Sorgan's lush green forests

The dusty plains of Arvala-7 are not nearly as inviting as Sorgan's lush green forests. Not to mention that this was the planet where Shivani was held captive for many months. However, Shivani would be lying if she said she hadn't missed the lovely Ugnaught, Kuiil. They land outside his moisture farm just as the sun begins to shine down on them and find themselves quickly welcomed into his home.

"It hasn't grown much." Kuiil comments, looking over the child.

"I think it might be a Strand-Cast." Mando speculates.

"I don't think it was engineered. I've worked in the gene farms. This one looks evolved. Too ugly." Kuiil explains before casting his eyes over to Cara. "This one, on the other hand, looks like she was farmed in the Cytocaves of Nora."

"This is Cara Dune." Mando introduces. "She was a shock trooper."

"You were a dropper?" Kuiil asks curiously to which Cara nods.

"Did you serve?" She questions back.

"On the other side, I'm afraid." He replies, sitting down in front of his guests. "But I'm proud to say that I paid out my clan's debt, and now I serve no one but myself." Shivani smiles at the Ugnaught but it quickly disappears as the bounty hunter droid who wanted to kill the child bends down to step over the threshold of Kuiil's home. They all shoot to their feet with their blasters raised against the threat, but the droid doesn't do what they expected.

"Would anyone care for some tea?" He offers, holding out a tray with cups.

"Please lower your blasters." Kuiil implores. "He will not harm you."

"That thing is programmed to kill Val and the baby." Mando growls out, discreetly creeping closer to Shivani. He has found it incredibly difficult to call Shivani by a different name, but he knows he has to get used to it in order to keep her safe.

"Not anymore." Kuiil tells them as the droid places the tray in front of them. "It was left behind in the wake of your destruction. I found it laying where it fell. Devoid of all life. I recovered the flotsam and staked it as my own in accordance with the Charter of the New Republic. Little remained of its neural harness. Reconstruction was quite difficult... but not impossible. It had to learn everything from scratch. This is something that cannot be taught with the twist of a spanner. It requires patience and repetition. I spent day after day reinforcing its development with patience and affirmation. It developed a personality as its experiences grew."

"Is it still a hunter?" Mando inquires warily.

"No." Kuill denies firmly. "But it will protect."

Mando and IG-11 appear to be engaged in an intense staring contest when the droid lifts up his arm to hold out a cup. "Tea?"