Open up.... Silence.

TW: Mentions of SH, SH.
Nick POV

I've been awake for about ten minutes now but Charlie's still asleep next to me. He's been latched onto me but I find it cute.

"Nick?" Charlie groans groggily.

"Yes?" I whisper attentively.

"Can you get me some water please?" He whispers.

"Fine" I laugh.

I gather myself and walk to the kitchen to get water for Charlie. I know he needs water but he probably just needs some time to gather himself so I refill the cup three times before going upstairs.

As I walk up the stairs and can hear a faint sob from our bedroom.

Shit. I shouldn't have left, I should've stayed with him. Lets just get this over with and hope Charlie's okay.

I open the door gingerly. Charlie's hands are cupped to his face sobs bounce of the walls every time I hear him my heart cracks.

"Charlie what's wrong?" I ask.

"I don't know I just feel like everything at work is so stressful and the past week has been bad mental health days again and again." Charlie cry's. "It's just tiring"

"Hey it's okay to have those bad mental health days and even if work is stressful you just have to do as much as you can and space your breaks out evenly." I say advising Charlie.

Charlie is silent meaning he's taken what I've said into account. His head rests on my chest as after a while of silence I lay down.

"Thanks Nick" Charlie whispers.

"Anytime" I whisper placing a kiss on his head.

We lay there for a bit before Chase knocks on the door.

"You know you have to take me to school right?" He says in his uniform.

"I'll take you" I say.

I somewhat gather myself say goodbye to Charlie and take chase to school.

"Is Charlie okay?" Chase asks.

"Yeah just one of those days" I say.

I know Charlie isn't okay but I'm not stressing Chase out because he has to have school on his mind. He knows what I mean that it's not a good or bad day but hopefully that's all he thinks it is.

We arrive at Truham. The school were most years were good and I met Charlie.

"Bye Chase have a good day" I say.

As he leaves a I wave and blow as many kisses as I can before I leave. Chase looks like he's going to murder me but he knows it's only fun and games until I say something embarrassing.

Isaac walks with him into school and they leave.

Now to go back to Charlie. It's only been about twenty minutes so he should be okay but we don't know so I want to make sure he's okay.

As I pull up to our house I feel this dawning on me of anxiety. I hope Charlie's okay but what if he's not okay, what if he's not.

I open the door. It's quiet, to quiet. I stumble up the stairs to our bedroom.

Our door looms as I gain closer, my bedroom door looms danger but I know it's not for me.

I turn the knob, locked.

"Char can you open the door please?"

Silence. A deafening silence.

"Char open up"

Silence.

"CHAR OPEN THE FUCK UP" I scream getting a lot more anxious by the second.

"Noo" a voice croaks quietly.

I feel a sense of relief when Charlie speaks.

"Charlie please I'm not mad at you"

"But you are!" he cry's.

"Char I'm not I promise" I say.

I just want him to be okay I don't care about if something broke I just want him to be okay.

"Char?" I say my voice breaking.

Silence.

Shit NO! NO! NO.

I start to barge up against the door. I hear the lock starting to break. It's metal and to be honest I'm thinking the hinges will break before then.

"NICK STOP!" Charlie cry's.

My body stops mid way through getting ready to barge.

The door unlocks. Charlie is standing in the doorway. Eyes red, cheeks soaked and his wrist red.

"Char" I say tears coming to my eyes.

"I'm sorr-." He starts to say.

I pull him into a hug, I would kiss him but for some reason a hug just feels right. My arms hold Charlie as if a black hole was behind us. Charlie's body is leaning onto me with all his weight.

I know he's tired.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah just disappointed ya know?"

"No I don't char." I say. "You had resisted cutting for so long and I'm proud you stopped yourself for this long"

Charlie is dumbstruck.

"I'll go grab the bandages." I say turning towards the stairs.

"Nick?" Charlie says groggily.

"Yeah?" I ask swinging back around.

"Can we just sleep after this?"

"Yeah sure" I say.

I go downstairs and grab the bandages for Charlie's arm. I come upstairs and Charlie is sitting in the edge of the bed.

His hand clutching his wrist.

"You okay?" I ask Charlie.

"Yeah not bad." He says quietly.

I sit next to Charlie. His face is lifeless, it looks like my Charlie has been taken out of this body and nothing is left. Charlie's mind is wandering to places unbeknownst to humans, but I just sit there. I sit there next to him and realise that I can't fix Charlie. Only because there is nothing to fix.

"Can I bandage your arm?" I ask snapping him back to reality.

"Yeah" he says.

As I bandage his arm charlie gives out little winces of pain. I know it hurts but I have to do it to reduce infections and to make sure it heals properly.

After I finish bandaging Charlie's arm we both lay down in bed.

Charlie falls asleep very quickly but I don't. I lay there and drift. It almost feels like I'm back to when a I was a teenager. When Charlie first starting struggling with his mental health I didn't know what to do and I still don't now.

The thoughts drift from my mind and I fall asleep.

Authors Note:
Hey everyone! I hope you guys have had an amazing week and have had good things come your way. I have some pretty good things set up for the next few chapters of this story so be ready because I have so many ideas. Bye everyone have an amazing week!