Reunions

I have added a new character his name is chase, he is 14, a boy, gay and has a very good relationship with Charlie and will have a lot of appearances throughout this story

Charlie's POV:

Today's the day. The day I see my family again after a very long time but I am excited to see Chase! I haven't seen him for a year and I know he's excited and I am too but he hasn't seemed right when we have FaceTimed so I'll have to ask.

"Char are you awake?" Nick groans.

"Yeah, why" I say.

"Cause your phone got a notification" Nick says rubbing my back, to be honest I never know why he does it but it always calms me down.

I grab my phone and read the message.

Chase: Hey Charlie I'm sorry I should've told you sooner but I need to talk to you in private tonight

Charlie: Yeah absolutely what's up

Chase:  I'm sorry I can't tell you rn mums been snooping all over my phone

Charlie: ok we'll arrive early then see you tonight

Chase: ok bye see you tonight tell Nick is said hi

Charlie: I will remember to delete these messages so she doesn't see them

Chase: will do bye

Charlie: bye.

I put down my phone full of rage and anger but also a sense of empathy. When I was in my darkest times my mother would snoop on my phone all the time for traces of me saying I was getting worse and I know she was trying to help but it wasn't working. Now she's doing it to Chase! I wonder why and I hope you doesn't have something going on with his mental health.

"You alright Char?" Nick asks.

"Yeah, my mothers snooping on Chases phone now" I say through gritted teeth.

"Hey, it's okay calm down there definitely a reason even if it's stupid"

"Yeah your right Nick there is and if it is anything bad about Chase I swear to god".

"Char no." Nicks says forcefully.

I roll over to face him and his face is expressionless, he looks as if his souls has been sucked out.

"Charlie, Chase messaged me and told me and is it ready to tell you"

"WHAT" I say as my temper falls short.

"I'm sorry I should've told you but he didn't want me to" Nick says almost like he's retreating.

"YOU SHOULD HAVE I CANT BELIVE YOU IS HE OKAY YOU SHOULD'VE SAID SOMETHING OMG I FUCKING HATE YOU HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!" I scream.

"Charlie I'm sorry he didn't want me to because he was scared you wouldn't accept him."

"What?"

"He was scared you wouldn't accept him"

"But"

"Well he felt otherwise" Nick says angrily.