Overreactions

TW:Slurs and Ben

Nicks pov:

I'm woken up to a noise inaudible coming from the bathroom. My eyes peer open to see our room filled with golden light, but it doesn't seem right. I outstretch my hand to grab Char but he isn't there.

"Char?" I groan.

I hear a gasp and things being moved around frantically, he walks out of the bathroom.

"Hey hun are you okay?" He asks.

"Yeah fine, you?" I reply.

He pauses astounded, as if he knows I know.

"Yeah I'm good just freshening up" He blurts.

"You sure, if somethings bothering you, you can tell me" I say.

"Nope just" he pauses.

"Come over here and if you want to we can talk about it?" I ask.

He nods and starts to edge towards me. He sits on our bed and starts to explain.

"I've been nervous for our party we're going to for my aunties birthday and they like live really close to a rock edge that goes into the sea, it's an amazing view and everything but each year most people jump off like a rock and this year I don't know why but it's just different and I'm really scared to do it"

"Why don't we hold hands while we jump together and we can go when no one else is and we can get you another swim shirt if you will need one" I assure.

Charlie doesn't start to speak again, he just crawls into the bed and cuddles into my chest.  I reciprocate his feelings by running my fingers through his silky hair that I adore so much.

It's been about 20 minutes and I whisper.

"Char we have to get up we can't stay in bed"

"Noo five more minutes" He groans.

"Fine three and then I'm making breakfast" I confess.

"Ughhhhhh" he moans. "Do we have to get up?"

"Yes char" I say

"Fine" He caves "wake me up when it's time".

He just falls back asleep, normally I'm Charlie and don't want to get out of bed but to be honest I should just give him time it is the weekend and we don't have anything on today. I look at Charlie's face as he sleeps, he looks so cute asleep but I don't think whatever is worrying him is cute.

My eyes gingerly open as I wake up, as I come to my senses I realise.

"CHAR, CHAR, CHAR, CHAR, CHARLIE SPRING WHERE ARE YOU?" I bellow.

I scramble out of bed and run down stairs checking very corner of the house, I panic and salty tears flood my face as I run towards our bedroom. I pick up the phone and dial, Char💕💕. My phone connects and starts to ring Charlie, ring ring ring ring ring.

"Hello?" A voice speaks from the other end of line.

"Char where the fuck are you?" I sniffle.