"Leave her be, Ron. Maybe she wants to pick Hagrid, Professor Flitwick or Professor McGonagall. Let me tell you this, Ron. Smart people always try to make things complicated even if it is merely simple. You see, scientists create their own problems and answer them to the best of their ability. It's already okay that they are stress-free but then they try to make themselves stressful saints." Harry laughed at his own statement for he used hyperbole, and was even surprised with himself for he wasn't very good at figurative language.

Hermione raised her eyebrows and tried not to laugh although her lips were formed into a small smile. She knew it. Harry saved her from Ron's bugging. Thank Harry for that. She laughed at her snarkiness.

She left the room and fetched her cloak from her dormitory. It's time to visit Hagrid once again.

Students of all houses were chattering noisily for the ceremony will begin shortly. The enchanted ceiling of the Great Hall was opalescent blue filled with countless refulgent stars. The House tables were lined with happy people, some wearing dressing gowns and school robes.

All of the eyes in the room were glued to the calm and sweet pair of the headmaster's eyes. He wore his traditional half-moon spectacles and a large smile on his face. The old gentleman has a very respectable appearance. He was dressed in a purple cloak that was quite one of his favourites.

Every person shifted their eyes to the staff table with the greatest interest and eagerness. Now is the time. It's showtime.

Hermione has been told that every bright student from each year will come forward and reveal their choice to the ostensible crowd. And she was the one who will speak on behalf of the students in the fifth year.

"Good day everyone. I am glad that all of you are here today to witness one of my favourite activities here at Hogwarts, which is the Outstanding Teacher Award Ceremony." Professor Dumbledore started with this eloquent introduction down to his speech until the time has come for the selected students to raise their picks.

The girl with yellow hair from the first year chose Professor McGonagall. The girl was a Ravenclaw but she didn't choose her Head of House.

The next one was a boy with a freckled face and his choice was Professor McGonagall. All of the students from first to fourth years chose McGonagall and the witch wearing a green cloak from the staff table was quite enjoying the event, even the irritated grunts of Dolores Umbridge who was sitting beside her.

It was Hermione's time. It almost felt like she was going to be sorted once again as she approached the rostrum and all of the eyes were on her.

"A pleasant evening to all of you. I am Hermione Granger from the fifth year and the teacher I chose for the Outstanding Teacher Award is... is... Professor Snape."

No one expected her to answer that nasty name. Harry and Ron's faces turned grey and their mouths fell open. The throng fell silent and all of them turned to look at the Potions Master's face who was feigning not to look shocked.

Hermione continued with her speech and ignored the Slytherins who were looking strangely at her.

"Most people especially those who are not housed in Slytherin will not choose the teacher I chose to consider in the OTA and you would probably be confused because I am sorted in Gryffindor. A lot of people couldn't understand the true beauty of potions. We often criticize it and cognize it as a hard subject. We didn't even give it a chance to show us the things it is capable to give. And that would link us to Professor Snape. Almost everyone sees him as a martinet. You see, everyone wants to be understood. It is quite frustrating if you feel unimportant and not appreciated. A good teacher offers authority to breed respect. But sometimes, we misunderstood their actions. Not learning respect for order may cause the students to resent the rules everyone must obey. And I thank Professor Snape for that. He is a strict teacher. Thank you, Sir, for you showed us darkness, in able for us to see the light."

The crwth was speechless and was more surprised. Only Dumbledore smiled at the young Gryffindor as she left the rostrum and returned to her position.

The two boys nudged her softly as confusion devoured their minds. Ron's face paled and turned lugubrious, while Harry was stuck there, unable to absorb the words his best friend had explained.

The remaining students gave their choices, the sixth year was Professor Snape for he was a Slytherin and the seventh year voted for Professor McGonagall.

Dumbledore went to the middle of the hall to finally announce the person who was selected for the OTA.

Every Slytherin faced Hermione with new respect, while her fellow Gryffindors flinched in disgust. Harry and Ron were still there, standing so stiff that if you happen to not know what had just happened, you would probably say one of their classmates used the "Petrificus Totalus" Spell on them.

"Well, I think all of us are hoping that the teacher we have in mind will be selected. But of course, there is only one person for this award." Dumbledore spoke in a calm voice as he addressed all the teachers to come forward.

Everyone became silent once more for the most awaited name in that particular event will be declared soon.

Dumbledore looked at his teachers once again to make them see that he was very proud of them. Life left the hall when Dumbledore articulated these words.

"And now our Outstanding Teacher Awardee... is...-"

"...Professor SNAPE!"