Chapter 11: Just the beginning

" My love, I will be back as soon as I can ok?" Enso says to me as he kisses my hands.

"Ok. I'll miss you"

Enso spent the entire week with me. So I understand he need to catch up on his meetings and stuff. I kiss him softly as he leaves out for his meeting. Apparently he's arranging to invest in more real estate as well as expanding his business amongst different families so he's going to 4 cities over. 

A few minutes after Enso left, Julio comes barging in and he locks the door and closes all the windows. He runs passed me and upstairs and begins packing my clothes. I follow behind him.

"Julio what are you doing-"

"We gotta go. You're not safe" Hearing those words from him, my heart dropped.

I didn't ask any more questions I just began helping him pack my things and put them in the car. 

"Give me the phone he gave you" I placed it in his hands.

He took the phone and smashed it and grabbed my hand. And led me outside. I was so distracted din packing and I didn't realize that this wasn't a estate vehicle. I got inside and Julio began driving off the estate.

"Whats going on?" I ask him. He turns the radio down.

"Last week when I went into his office I found it. The great safe I found it"  I held my breath not knowing how to react.

" He had your necklace, fingerprint and a vail of you blood.." He looks at me sincerely.

"They can't be trusted.." he turns his attention back to the road with a sad look on his face.

"It's just you and me now" He says lowly, almost as if his heart broke.

I wipe my face as tears began to fall and my heart began to break. What is it about the men in my life betraying me. Why can't they just be honest with me? Now im really overthinking cause was all the things he said to me true? Or was he just saying that because I was the key to all of his problems? I begin to softly sob and Julio, not saying anything just turned the radio up slightly and said nothing. He understood what I was feeling.

After driving what felt like forever, we arrive at a cottage like house, with a few cars parked outside. He turns the car off and looks at me.

"Where are we?" I ask. He just gets out and starts to take my things inside. 

When he was finished, he came to my side of the car and helped me out. Opening the door, my heart stopped.

Standing waiting on us was Ember, a girl that resembled her and a man that resembled them as well. I look at Julio and he turns to me.

" Ember said you could stay here until we find you somewhere else safe to stay."

A feeling of anger rushes through me as I glare at him.

"How dare you-"

"HEY!" Ember shouts walking close to me.

"That monster locked my in a room, had me tossed in there like I was nothing. I understand your anger and hatred but right now, we share the same hate so we're on the same team" she says through gritted teeth.

She had dark rings under eyes, her complexion that was once rich in color, was now pale and sickly looking.She held her hand to her belly and was breathing heavily. The possibility of her not being treated properly while in Marliano's care is evident. The younger girl whose name I learned was reign, took the sick looking ember by the hand and lead her to a bad room as she softly coughed. The man, whose name was Silas, approached me slowly.