The Fight for Home

Start from the beginning

"Oh, she at the bakery." Kaoru said forgetting his anger.

" She been there since you left apparently. Took a liking to the baker." Hikaru said once again digging in his ear,

"More like the baker's baked goods!" Kaoru snorted causing the three of us to chuckle. It was good that the bakery didn't get destroyed, I wanted some sweet rolls man!

"Alright boys lets journey forth to the bakery!" I proclaimed in a manly voice lacing my arms with theirs before starting to skip down the road. The boys were at a complete lose but were letting me drag them off. Many people look at us, mostly children, with confused or amused expressions.

"We're off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of Oz!" I started to sing with a wide grin on my face. There was time when nobody knew what the fuck I was talking about and it was annoying, but there was time where it was funny as all hell. This was one of those times. Which was much needed for both myself and the city, our spirts were in the shitter. Once at the bakery I released the boys from my grip and waltzed into the bakery. I scanned the place before my eyes locked onto the koala lounging on the counter tops.

"Chie! I've missed you girl! Have you missed me?" I asked gently. She raised an eyebrow at me before giving a huff. "That's great! Hey why don't you make yourself at home on my shoulder and we go for a stroll?" I asked her. She groaned and moved her head away from me. "I'll get you a sweet roll." I baited her. She turned her head back and thought for a minute before lazily getting onto my shoulder.

It was awkward at first, I would tense my shoulder so she wouldn't fall of but slowly I relaxed and began to feel confident she wouldn't fall off. I actually preferred her to be on my back like before but this way she had more freedom to jump off and scratch someone's eyes out.

"Hey, can I get a two sweet roll?" I asked getting out my coin purse. I could suddenly feel two pairs of hopeful eyes on me so I sighed. "Make the four..."

"Of course Milady." The baker said in the process of grapping out four rolls. She placed them on a piece of thin paper in front of us. I gave her four coins and picked up mine and Chie's before turning around.

"Don't worry yourself over the over payment. Think of it as payment for the kids that might wonder over here's sweet rolls." I said walking out before she could say anything.

"Thanks for the sweet roll Alex!" Hikaru said words muffled by a full mouth and his brother 'hn' in agreement. Chie was grunting in happiness eating here roll on my shoulder. She would occasional drop crumbs or some of the frosting on me but was quick to lick it up causing me to giggle.

"So what's on the agenda for today?" Hikaru asked licking the last of the frosting from his hands.

"Today my friends were going to go around and check on everyone. We are also going to see just how bad the city was fucked up and boast the spirts of our people." I said with determination. 'Must make people happy! It will make me happy!' I repeated in my head like a mantra.

"You know Isamu isn't happy right?" Hikaru said making me grind to a halt.

"Yes, I know." I sighed feeling rather guilty, not that it was my fault.

"We knew he had a little crush on you a little after you became leader. Didn't say anything about it because of well, it wasn't our business." Kaoru said with a shrug. 'Oh sure the one time you two stay out of my business and it turns to shit.' My eye twitched but I released a breath and continued walking.

"Yeah, well I'm sorry to say that my lands take top priority." I snapped.

"If it didn't we would be worried. Don't worry about him he'll get over it." Koaru said patting my back. I looked over at him and gave a weak smile. We toured the city and found that at least seventy percent was destroyed or damaged. It was disheartening but still better then total destruction. The people perked up around me when I walked by with a smile plastered to my face cracking jokes here and there. I kept positive thoughts in my head to refrain from having a fake smile. I think if they saw a fake smile they would became even more upset then they already were. I would joke around with children and pop up and tickle the one that just needed a distraction. The orphans were the most heart wrenching to see. I felt the need to just scoop them all up and take them away, but I know they don't need my pity they needed hope. I vowed to get involved with the community more when the war was over. Maybe I could make little programs for the parentless children of my lands. Heck I'll throw myself into making a better future today! 'Puff, someone put an American flag behind me and play thee anthem.' I snorted envisioning myself give a huge speech in front a huge flag while the star spangled banner played. It wasn't long before everyone began to line up with Lord Sesshomaru at the lead of everything. Looking at the twins I began sprinting pass the troops to the lead where Lord Sesshomaru was walking.

"You are not needed." He said the seconds I came to his side but kept a good distance.

"You're not getting rid of me! My men need me too."

"You will stay." He said in a voice that was like getting dumped with a bucket of ice water in Alaska.

"Nope, sorry I'm like a flea! You can scratch and bite all you want." I said folding my arms and throwing my nose in the air as I walked with him.

"You disobedient pup! You would do good to learn that Lord Sesshomaru's word is law!" Jaken said flailing his glorified stick around.

"Then you may consider me an outlaw then because I bend my will to no one." I growled out to him. 'Except when you have dirt on me, or are tougher than me, or if I just feel like fighting.' I added honestly in my head. Jaken began to get angry and started insulting me and threatening me.

I got out my staff and held it like a golf club. Swaying my hips with the staff's palm relaxed I swung it and hit the poor toad in the chest flinging him into the ranks of men. I put my hand over my eyes to shield out the sun as I watched him fly.

"I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM!" I heard a weasel call out with arms out stretched to catch him. The second Jaken was in the arms of the weasel he started yelling and beating the poor guy with his staff. I roared in laughter and caught up with Lord Fuzzy. The elites, including Isamu, all came up and marched in their rightful places behind me. I felt very weird in Isamu's presence, I wanted to take him someplace no one would see or hear and straightened this all out with him. He was guarding his facial features and feeling from me and I didn't like it. He almost reminded me of Lord Sesshomaru like this, only less cold and less superior. I sighed and looked at the Lord I was marching with. He was looking ahead with the same emotionless almost bored expression. He was wearing the same thing he did at the ball and still donned the same fur boa thing over his shoulder. When the wind blew his right sleeve flapped around empty. 'Holy shit he's a handicap? How come I didn't notice this before! He's missing an arm, how hard could that be to notice.....' I though in my head gawking at him.

He shot me a side glance and noticed my wide eyed stare and frowned. I immediately felt like shit, I mean yeah he's a fucking asshole and I don't like him. But gawking at someone's disabilities is just wrong.

"S...Sorry! It's just I just noticed...." He glared at me then looked onward again. "Sorry." I whispered ducking my head with a whimper to so my sincerity. He didn't acknowledge my apology and just kept moving ahead. I was so glad the toad was still trying to get up here, he would have caused a scene. 'God, this is going to be a long march...' I released a low sigh.