●Advik●

Amara has been speaking since I got home disheveled and wounded, all the words deaf to my ears, I could only think about one thing, her.

Alfredo's words ringing in my ears, "Advik Sorrentino, you don't have much time left with your fiancée because my boss is set on her, and he doesn't stop until he is done. Go and enjoy before you lose."

And for the first time after my father's and brother's death, I am truly afraid that I will lose her too.

I did the most unexpected thing, I bent over and kissed her. Pure shock was visible on her face, but slowly, she closed her eyes and started responding too.

I pulled her on my lap and started kissing her more deeply. The feel of her lips on mine does wonders. Her lips are as soft as a rose petal, which are gently pinched on mine, and I can't wait to taste them fully and wholly, I can't wait to own them.

She gradually withdrew her lips, both out of breath. I joined my forehead to hers. She was breathing very heavily. Her hands were still locked behind my neck. A soft smile made way to my lips.

"Care to explain what was this?" She asked, not moving just breathing.

"Shhh, don't ruin the moment." I said, caressing her hair.

"I thought we established the fact that I hate you." She spoke once again.

"You did." I said, and she leaned back and eyed me. She got up from my lap and stood in front of me.

"Then why all this Advik?" She asked, sitting on the table again, sighing.

"I guess I just like you the way I have liked no one, liked my foot, I barely tolerate people in my life. But you have made this strong presence and my mind is constantly running at 1000 miles per hour about your thoughts and I am fucking messed up." I breathed out.

"How many painkillers have you had?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.

"Everything is a joke to you na. Two." I answered.

"You know you are looking like a baby sulking and you are most probably under the influence of pain killers, it will wear out soon and you will again turn into your cold, insensitive, arrogant jerk of a man." She said.

"You think I am a cold, insensitive, arrogant jerk of a man?" I asked again.

"No, I don't quite think so, others sure do. Now you need sleep and no more talk." She said, putting a finger to my lips as I started to speak.

She was damn right, I feel like so close to losing my shit because I dozed off as soon as I hit the bed after she helped me change.

In my dreams too, again I was kissing her, ughhhh my brain has been wrecked badly by that hit that  Alfredo landed on the back. I feel so much better after finally killing him, though.

I woke up three hours and it was really dark now. My killer headache was back, and this time my stomach too grumbled demanding for food. I quietly made way to kitchen to have something in order to satisfy this rumbling. I felt like I had a hungover and keep remembering things I think I did.

I saw a silhouette standing near the counter with a glass in one hand. As I advanced towards it, I realized it was Amara who was drinking...wine? This late?

There was a sudden ache in my head, and everything came back at once, all the stunt I pulled and Amara dressing my wound and the kiss. Fuck. I messed up.

"I see you are finally up." She said to me.

"Yeah, I guess my stomach won't oblige sleeping empty." I said and made my way to the cupboards to cook something for myself.

"You sit, I will cook." She said and pushed past me to get the ingredients for whatever she wanted to do.

"I am perfectly fine. I can do it." I replied.

"Does that sound like a question to you?" She asked, looking at me, with big eyes, and I shook my head in a no.

"Good, then go and sit." She ordered once again. I quickly and quietly hooped on the kitchen counter and sat there while she cooked.

Her movements were quick and smooth. I figured she was making pasta, but I didn't protest. Although I don't really like all these dishes, I am more like a salad person. But I wanted to eat the food that she was making for me.

At last, she served it in two plates, and I confusingly looked at her.

"You didn't eat?" I asked, tilting my head.

"No, a dumbass person got me all worried that I post my appetite." She answered with a straight face. Oh, she was furious and angry.

"Are you angry at me?" I asked in a small voice, not really wanting to hear the answer.

"Angry? No. Why would be? Sure, you got shot an came home and confessed and kissed me, but trust me I am not even a little bit angry, in fact I am furious." She shouted the last part. Yup, I was right, she was fuming in anger.

"Are you angry that I got shot or that I confessed and kissed you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"You dumbass, I am infuriated with both. But mainly, because you get shot every now and then and don't care about yourself at all." She said after a minute.

"But I thought that you established the fact the YOU hated me." I said jumping off the counter and stepping closer to where she stood leaning against the opposite counter.

"I used to." She said in a whisper.

"Sorry?" I asked, even though I heard it loud and clear, but hey, a man wants a confirmation.

"I used to hate you." She said a little loudly this time.

"See, I sincerely apologize that you had to experience all that, me being shot and your state when you saw me like that, though I am not sorry for the confession and the kiss. Yes, I was not in my senses but I don't regret it, the only thing I feel remorse about is that, I couldn't taste you properly before." I said leaning in to her, until our faces were inches apart. Her breathing became ragged.

"Now, you can." She said, and I attached my lips to hers after the permission was given in that sentence. The kiss was slow at first, I held her by the waist and her hands slowly went behind my neck, pulling me to her. She didn't respond at first, but when she did, the kiss was no more slow, it became passionate and intense.

Oh God, these lips, I could be drunk on them and still want more, so much more to last than a thousand years.

Heyyyy Guyyyss! As promised, this the update. I hope you all are finding it as good as I am feeling while writing it.😉😁 And, yes, I think there should be a little romance too in Amara's and Advik's story, all the while murders and stalkers have been going on. No?

Do drop a comment or two about what you think, I will be waiting.

Enjoyyyyyyy!!!!!!!