Time Jump

"Alright. What is it that you need from me exactly? I don't know what I can do." The Dean leaned forward, resting his arms on his desk.

"We figured that as Arthit gets further along this time around, it would be safer if his teachers know just in case something happens during a class. It would be easier if you could help us let them know instead of us telling them all individially."

"Oh, yes, of course! I don't mind letting them know. I assume that you aren't intending to tell the other students? Are your friends aware?"

"Yes, our friends know, but they could get into trouble without the teachers knowing the circumstances around why they could potentially just up and leave or make a fuss while class is still in session. And no, we arent intention on letting the other students know just yet. Not directly." Kongpob replied.

"Ah, yes. That would make things a lot harder, wouldn't it? Alright, I will call a meeting for those teachers tonight or tomorrow morning. Is there anything else I can help with?" Dean First inquired, with a big sigh.

"No. That is all and we appreciate the help." Kongpob said, standing up. Arthit made his way out of his own chair, struggling along, as Dean First stood as well. He watched as Arthit struggled to get to his feet while Kongpob waited patiently by the door. The dean's face still showed his disbelief at the situation in front of him.

"Thanks again." Kong said as a farewell as Arthit finally made it to the office door.

********

The rest of January and February went by with not much fanfare. Wad and Prem were still keeping their impending parenthood a secret from the rest of their friends. Wad had started to hang out with Kongpob and his friends more so it wasn't unusual to see him sitting with them during lunch. Kongpob assumed it was because he knew about the baby and Wad felt safer being with them since he knew.

But at the end of February, something happened that would change their lives.

Both Arthit and Wad were 6 months along now. Wad was showing, but he wasn't so big as to need help getting up or for others to notice. Arthit on the other hand had gotten pretty big in 2 months. Arthit had pretty much given up on trying to hide his bump because he was leaning pretty far back while walking, so it kind of defeated the purpose. He and Kongpob were surprised that no one had approached them about what was going on, but they were thankful for it, too.

The freshman group was at lunch, sitting at their table, just waiting for the seniors.

Kongpob was sitting beside Wad, listening to the others reminisce since finals would be coming up in less than 2 months. Which would mean the end of their Freshman year.

Movement out of the corner of his eye, made Kongpob glance over at Wad. The man was slouched over with his head almost on the table. Kongpob could see that his hand was laying on his covered belly, rubbing it hard. Checking that the others were still distracted, Kongpob leaned over to Wad to whisper.

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?"

Kongpob heard Wad try to take a deep breathe, but it ended in a gasp. "Not. Okay. Help. Me."

Kongpob was immediately on alert. Not worrying about anything else, he pulled out his phone and punched the emergency number.

"Emergency assistance. How can i...?" The voice on the other end was taking too long, so Kongpob interrupted.

"I need an emergency vehicle at Rangsit University. A student is in a health crisis. He is having trouble breathing and is in major pain... I can't really tell you anymore, but please send someone quickly to the main parking area at the front of the school." He quickly ended the call after telling the operator this.

At this point, the other freshmen had clued in to the fact that something was going on and they were silently sitting, listening. When Kongpob placed his phone back in his pocket, M spoke up.

"Hey, Kong, what is going on?"

"Um.. I'm going to need your help. We need to get Wad to the general parking area at the front of the school to meet the emergency vehicle. Wad, can you walk?" Kongpob addressed the last part to the man sitting, clearly in pain, next to him. When he shook his head, Kong said, "I'm sorry, but we will have to mostly carry you."

Wad didn't react to those words, so Kongpob stood up and moved Wad off the bench by turning him around and M helping to lift him into a standing position.

The two men lifted Wad almost off his feet to take him to the meeting place.

As soon as they were able to put Wad down on the bench near the parking area, Kongpob took out his phone to make another call.

"Hey, is P'Prem with you? Could you give him the phone, please? It's an emergency." He paused to look up at Wad again. M wasn't talking, but had his hand on Wad's back. "P' you are going to need to get to the general parking area at the front of the school now. Wad is in a lot of pain and I called an emergency vehicle. Alright." Kongpob hung up and put his phone away.

"Are you going to tell me what is going on now? I am so confused." M, in fact, didn't look confused, but instead he looked like he was expecting something.

Kongpob looked at Wad, but the man was in too much pain to even comprehend what was happening around him. He had held in a lot of his reactions so far with panting and soft moans and groans.

Kongpob shook his head. "Not right now. It's not my secret to tell, but if you wait for Prem to get here, you may get an answer then." He had barely finished his sentence when the large man came running up. He stopped in front of the bench, panting. Seeing his partner clearly in pain, he knelt in front of him.

"Wad, what's wrong?" He placed one hand on Wad's knee and reached up with the other to place it under Wad's chin.

"I... don't.. know... it... hurts so... much.. my... baby..." was all Wad could get out before going back to panting again.

"Okay. Hold on. I'm here and the emergency vehicle should be here very soon." Prem had just finished his sentence when the mentioned vehicle pulled to a stop in front of the bench. Prem moved from kneeling in front of Wad when M stood from the bench to stand behind the pair. The workers rushed out and approached the man who was clearly in pain.

"Sir, what hurts? Sir?" One of the paramedics asked, but wasn't answered. Wad didn't seem to be able to answer anymore. So Kongpob took over.

"We were eating lunch when he suddenly hunched over. There is a few things that you won't believe that you need to know, but I don't want you to dismiss this as a prank, which it is not." He waited for the two to nod before continuing. "He is pregnant. He has an anomaly which makes that possible. I have a bad feeling that something is happening to his baby. He keeps rubbing and pressing on his bump."

He had just finished speaking, when the medics knelt in front of Wad and began checking his vitals.

They were quick about it and were loading Wad into the vehicle to head to the hospital, allowing Prem to ride along when they found out that he was the baby's other father.

M and Kongpob stood on the sidewalk as they watched the emergency vehicle head down the road, blaring the sirens.

"So... Wad, too, huh?" M finally said when the sirens couldn't be heard anymore. Kongpob nodded.

"Yep, he is actually due the same day as Arthit."

"Cool. We should get to class." M said and they both headed off in that direction. Luckily, they were going to the same class as their other friends, as they hadn't grabbed their bags.

Walking into class a few minutes late, the teacher glanced up to see who had entered, then continued her lesson.

A/N: A bit of a cliff hanger, but hopeful it won't be for long. Work has been very busy lately, but it's chilled out again recently.

Don't forget to vote!