The Plan

Kongpob hung up the phone that Saturday, after having talked to his mom. He was a little nervous about what he and Arthit were about to do, but also excited. This would mean they wouldn't need to hide from their friends anymore. He had already warned M about the plan, so the man wouldn't be blind sides.

Kongpob had set to meet his friends at a cafe not far from campus. Arthit had done the same with his own friends, at the same cafe. They were all to meet their groups at 4pm. It was 2:30 at the moment and Kongpob just had to wait for his dad to show up with what he needed.

He was already dressed to go so he sat down to play on his phone until it was time. It seemed like no time at all passed when there was a knock at his door.

Standing up, he smiled really beginning to look forward to this. Walking to the door, he opened it. He was now ready to meet his friends.

Glancing at the time, he saw he had 30 minutes to make it. Thanking his dad, he closed and locked his door before heading to his building's elevator.

********

Kongpob walked up to the cafe and immediately spotted his friends. He looked down and smiled at the little boy in his arms, readjusting the diaper bag on his shoulder.

"Are you ready? Let's go have you meet everyone. We will see mama today as well." He said and walked through the door. The others were happily talking and having a good time so they didn't notice Kongpob at first, but eventually M looked up. He stayed quiet but waved and beckoned Kong to join them. Tew noticed the motion and looked in the same direction. He seemed to do a double take when he caught sight of his friend walking up to their table holding a child.

When he was silent for too long, others at the table followed his gaze, going silent as well.

"Kongpob!! Who is this?" Prae was the first to shake off her surprise. Kong pulled out the last empty chair, placing the diaper bag on the floor at his feet before answering.

"This is Anutak Suthiluck, but we call him Fiat. He is my son. Fiat, say hi." Kongpob encouraged the little boy, who waved shyly and then placed his head on his father's shoulder to watch the people around them. Maprang, M, and Prae all cooed at the baby. May was unusually silent, but Kongpob figured it was because of the shock of finding out he had a child. Oak shrugged and then waved at the boy, seeming to accept the new information without much issue. Wad didn't say a word but he was smiling so Kongpob didn't think his silence was due to shock.

"So, are you finally telling us your secret?" M asked, learning forward to put his arms on the table in front of him. Fiat spotted him and seemed to recognize him. The boy leaned over to reach for the large man, obviously wanting him to hold him. M looked startled for a second before plucking the boy from his father's arms. Kongpob smiled.

"Yes, I think it is time. But anything you hear or see today, I want it to stay between us. My partner is very nervous about others knowing about us and our situation, but their friends are getting suspicious." Kongpob exchanged a glance with M, who understood what he was saying. This was the moment Fiat was done with M, so Kongpob took him back before the boy could make too much of a fuss.

"You are dating someone? And you have a child with them? How old is Fiat?" May finally spoke up.

"Yes, I have been dating someone for almost 3 years now. To make some of the story short, we met at Siam Mall and started talking. Fiat was a surprise to both of us."

Before Kong could say anything more, he heard Bright's voice behind him.

"Arthit, why did you want to meet here? We always go to the bar." The noise made everyone at their table look toward the door of the cafe. The hazing group was there, Knott holding open the door to let the others in. As soon as Arthit walked through the door, Fiat obviously noticed.

"Mama!! Mama!!" He started babbling loudly, reaching out to the man. This caused the entering group to turn and look in their direction and Kong's friends to look at Fiat with wide eyes.

"That's why." Arthit said before walking over to pluck the boy up, hugging him tightly. "Hi, baby. Were you having fun with Daddy?" As he said this, Kong could see the older man's ears turning red.

"Just introducing him to my friends, nothing that interesting. Do you want to sit here with us? We can move another table and chairs over." Kongpob offered which Arthit immediately agreed to. Kong stood up and, with the help of M and Prem, did as he had said. It wasn't long before everyone could sit down, Arthit and Kongpob sitting together with Fiat in Arthit's lap. Their friends had been completely silent the whole time this was happening. When the hazers realized there was a place for them to sit, they each chose a chair, most of them sitting down hard not sure how to react to this news.

"Wait! You're gay?!?!" May finally asked, shaking her head. She almost looked like she wanted to cry.

"Well, that's complicated. Not really, but I love P'Arthit." Kongpob admitted.

"Umm.. M, you don't seem surprised. Did you know about them before?" Tew asked.

"Not until recently. I kind of walked in on them when they were..." M tried to answer the question, but Arthit interrupted.

"That's not important. Yes, M and Prem found out recently. And my friends found out about Fiat's existence recently as well."

It was at this moment that Bright finally came out of his stupor. "Wait, so you.. and 0062.. are dating? And you have a kid together? How? Why didn't you tell us?" Arthit smiled, looking down at their son.

"Yes. We have been dating for almost 3 years now. As for Fiat, we... were very surprised to find out that he was on the way." Arthit looked over at Bright. " And before you ask, no, he isn't the result of one of us cheating. I carried him. The whole situation is complicated." This statement caused a lot of gasps and wide eyes as well as Kong nodding his agreement.

"It is also a little personal. So bare with us." Kongpob added, draping his arm over Arthit's shoulder. Several heads nodded before he continued. He told the story of how they met and his persistence in getting to know the man. Then Arthit told the group how he had been able to carry Fiat and the new circumstances surrounding that. Prem and M seems to be enjoying the show as everyone else tried to take in this new information. The myriad of emotions crossing their friend's faces was almost comical.

Silence fell over the table for several minutes after they were done explaining.

"You guys didn't know about P'Arthit being pregnant during that entire time? I would think it would be obvious." Maprang spoke up this time, directing her attention to Arthit's group of friends. This made May and Prae nod, obviously just realizing this fact, too. Arthit smiled at this.

"No, they wouldn't have noticed. You see.."