Life is Full of Surprises

The next two weeks were rough for Arthit when it concerned him hiding the baby from his friends. Especially when his nausea affected him around them.

When that happened, he would find a way to sit down or keep their attention off him until it passed. It usually didn't take long for it to pass, but it would hit at random moments. He always watched Tutah when he did this and he didn't seem to be paying any extra attention to him, so he didn't think the man had figured it out yet.

And then there was a new symptom he had to hide: dizziness. He had been in class when it first happened.

The class had just ended. Arthit and his friends were talking and laughing as they gathered up their books to leave, but as soon as Arthit had stood up, he dropped right back down into his chair. When his books hit the floor with a loud slap, all of his friends turned to look at him.

"Arthit, are you okay?" Prem asked walking back over to him. He knelt to pick up the books, watching Arthit as he did so.

"Yeah, just a little dizzy. I guess I forgot to eat this morning." He answered with a small laugh. He stood up again, slowly this time to make sure the dizziness had passed. Once he was sure he wouldn't fall over again, he let go of the desk and reached for his books. "I'm fine now. Let's go eat, so this doesn't happen again." With that, he walked out the door, not even paying attention to whether they were following for not.

Kong and Arthit had stopped hiding their relationship, but at the same time they didn't announce it to everyone. Kongpob joined Arthit and his friends for lunch several times. Kong would frequently bring his boyfriend his favorite pink milk and sit next on him,, attempting to hold his hand under the table.

After the third time of him joining them, rumors began to spread about the two. At first, the rumors were only about Kongpob making friends with the senior's, but when someone saw Kongpob lean in to flirt with Arthit one day, the rumors changed.

********

Before they knew it, Arthit was heading to his 10 week exam on the back of Kongpob's bike. It was almost time to tell the others about the baby and Arthit was getting more and more nervous. Kongpob was too, but he was better at hiding it. Arthit would get very quiet when he began to worry about their reactions.

But then, Arthit was also getting bigger. This time it was happening sooner then when he was expecting Fiat, but Kongpob had read that it didn't mean anything. Sometimes the baby required more fluid or gained more weight faster then others. When he had first noticed the baby bump two weeks before, he had asked Arthit how long he had been showing. Arthit had smiled and rubbed his bump.

"I noticed it a few days after our 7 week appointment. I didn't start showing last time until about 18 weeks, so I hadn't been looking for it. It was a surprise, but I'm okay with that. Except for the fact that I am going to need to begin wearing loose clothes again to hide it until we can tell the others."

They had already thought on who they wanted to tell first and how they wanted to tell them. That is if they were able to tell them separately. With Bright as nosy as he was and Tutah as observant, Arthit figured they would have to tell them together.

Their appointment went as expected with the nurse asking the normal questions and checking Arthit's labs. Everything was normal.

Then it was time for the ultrasound. The doctor had the wand on Arthit's belly finding the baby when he made a small sound of surprise.

Arthit was immediately on alert. "What? Is something wrong? What's wrong?" Kong gripped his hand in a silent effort to calm him as the doctor kept looking at the screen.

"One moment, please." Was all he said. It took what felt like hours of watching the doctor look at the screen and moving the wand around, but after only 2 minutes, he stopped and turned to smile at the pair who were anxiously waiting to hear what he had found.

"Don't worry, it is nothing bad. I will show you what I found." Turning the screen so they could also see it clearly, he pointed at something on the screen. "There is the baby. Growing at the right rate and a good size. But if I move the wand around just a little." The doctor did so and the screen changed. "See this? That is another baby. So, in other words, you are having..."

"Twins?" The two parents said at the same time, looking at each other in disbelief then back at the screen. The doctor nodded.

"It would seem so. Congratulations! Let me get you a copy of this so you can have it."

The rest of the appointment sped by as Kongpob and Arthit felt as if they were in a fog, they were so deep in thought about what just happened

They were having Twins!!

It was amazing to think about the fact that there were two babies growing inside Arthit. The trip back to the dorms was very quiet. They went to grab food and ended up in Kong's room, putting everything down and sitting together on Kongpob's bed. Arthit reached over to grab Kong's hand, squeezing it tightly.

"Hey. This isn't a bad thing. A little more stressful then what we originally thought, but..."

"Two babies!" Arthit interrupted. "We are having two babies! And.. that means I am going to get so big. Much bigger then with Fiat.. How am I going to hide this from others? I mean, I know we will be telling our friends in a couple weeks, but.. I still don't want anyone else to know." Arthit burst out. He looked a little frazzled now. Kongpob could tell that he was revving up for a panic-rant.

"Arthit, take a breath. I know that this will make things a little more complicated and a little harder for us. But we can do this. If you like, in order to relieve a little stress, we can let our friends know a little earlier. I have a good feeling about them. We both know that Tutah will he happy to help us. And the girls may be happy to help, too."

Arthit took a deep breathe to calm down before answering.

"We were planning to tell everyone in 2 weeks to be safe. I don't want to tell anyone if something bad is going to happen to the baby.. babies. Do you think it is safe to tell them?"

"The doctor was saying that everything looks good and the babies are both growing on schedule. So I don't see why we can't just tell our friends now. Just so they can help you at classes and you can stop stressing about them finding out." Kongpob offered.

Arthit was quiet for a moment, looking out the window towards his room, before turning to Kongpob and nodding. "Okay, let's tell them Saturday."

Kongpob took a breathe before nodding. He might not show it often, but he was also nervous about their friends finding out about the baby. No, babies. But he knew they could do this. Because they had each other, as cheesy as that sounded.

A/N: I appreciate all the comments from last chapter about taking my time. I know you all aren't pressuring me to write more, but I am pressuring myself into finishing this story. I tend to start stories and then not finish them, but I don't want to do that with this story.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this new chapter.