Rumors

After eating breakfast, the little family decided to go out to the mall to spend time together as a family. They had never done this before because of the secrecy of their family, so Arthit was nervous.

As Kongpob got the diaper bag and said bye to their parents, Arthit walked Fiat out to Kongpob's car, allowing the little boy to hold his hand as they walked.

Putting Fiat in his car seat and getting him buckled in, Arthit smiled.

He used to be afraid to go anywhere with Fiat because he didn't want anyone to know about him due to fear of the comments others would make, but now... he didn't care. His parents were accepting of his partner and they knew about the new baby (the twin part not withstanding), and his friends knew and had accepted him, his partner and their baby.

He also knew that Kongpob would be there and would do everything he could to keep them all safe. He had known this before, but for some reason it hadn't really sunk in until now. Not that Arthit couldn't protect them, but he just never knew how to deal with others talking about him. Since being a hazer, he had learned so much about himself including the fact that he was strong enough to do this today.

Sliding into the passenger seat, he watched Kongpob stow the diaper bag in the back seat and the stroller in the trunk. Then, Kongpob got in behind the wheel before starting the car.

They buckled in before starting out to the mall.

********

The mall on Sunday was a little crazy and the parking lot was almost full, but they were able to find a parking spot not too far from the main entrance.

Working together, they got Fiat out of the car and into his stroller with the diaper bag hanging from one handle in minutes.

Arthit had to be reminded several times not to pick up Fiat, so he settled for helping by getting the smaller things done like the diaper bag out of the car, unbuckling Fiat and watching to make sure the little boy climbed out of the car safely.

Kongpob was the one to get the stroller out and set up and to get Fiat in and buckled.

Reaching down, Kongpob grabbed Arthit's hand.

"I know it's hard not to help or even do some things on your own, but remember, it's to keep the babies safe."

The gentle way he said this made Arthit smile. He really didn't like not being able to help out, but he also knew that Kongpob was right.

They walked out of the parking garage toward the main entrances of the mall.

********

Walking around the mall for the next hour, they had fun seeing how Fiat reacted to seeing all the people around them.

He would spot a new person and immediately start saying hi and waving like he knew them. Most of them would wave and smile before continuing on their way with no comments. But there had been a few people who had waited to pass them before commenting to whoever they were there with. Arthit could still hear the comments that had been made.

"I wonder if they are together?"

"That's disgusting"

"Who did they steal that baby from?"

"One of them must have been unfaithful, then stole the baby from the mother."

"Why do they have to flaunt their abnormality in public?"

The words kept ringing in his ears and echoing through his mind even as he kept up with his boyfriend and son.

Arthit was walking beside Kongpob, looking into another store window when he felt Kong take one of his hands. Threading their fingers together, Kongpob leaned toward Arthit as he turned to look at him.