41| Calm Before The Storm

Start from the beginning

She gave me a disappointed look. "Look Ace, to win this fight you do not only have to prove yourself and your abilities but business is a rough deal. You have to get people on your side, you cannot survive alone, and with your mindset of I don't need anyone. You need people Ace."

"I'm working on it," I breathed. "I really am. I can't lose this company."

"I'm here to help you, now that your grandfather is unconscious they can't get him to sign the property transfer. Now their only hope is through a vote, once they win that it's over. So you have to get people to have faith in you and you have to do it fast."

"Thank you Kenna..... I'm really grateful."

She nodded.

"I need to ask you about something. Look I know it's not right for you to tell me what I want but please for old time's sake." I began.

She adjusted in her seat. "I'm all ears."

"Do you know who's handling the drug dealer case? The one where the clients who get caught end up dead?"

She gasped and moved in her seat. "How do you know it's a drug dealer case? The only thing the public knows is about the deaths. And..... my team's in charge is that. I'm the representing attorney."

I clasped my hands and a scoff of amusement escaped my lips. "I've never said this before but it really is a small world."

"Speak! Do you know something about this case?" She asked as she quickly brought out a notepad and a pen from her bag.

"I know way too much for my own good."

A huge grin masked her lips and she pressed the top of the pen to begin writing. My eyes flashed to her hands and I swiftly took the pen from her hand which made her eyes widen.

"What?!"

I pursed my lips. "I can't have you writing anything down," I explained. "I can only give you a little detail. I'm just doing this to protect an innocent person who just like me is getting dragged into a mess because of her family."

Kenna's breathing calmed as she took in my words. She kept her note back in her bag and gave me a little smile. "You can trust me."

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

"I need it to be perfect! Get out!" I yelled at Harry for the tenth time that morning and he huffed.

"I'm just here to help! I mean imagine helping set up something for the Quinn Manchester," he smiled and walked past me to grab the bowl of chocolates.

I placed my hands on my waist as I watched him ignore me.

"I can handle this, go back to Nayoung."

"No! She's busy getting ready to start working at the company," he replied instantly and moved the little pillows into the tent where my couch once was. "Why do you want me to leave too soon anyways?"

Because-

"Hello to the biggest simp in the universe!" A loud familiar voice called from the entrance of my apartment and I face-palmed myself.

Because of that. I don't want to see Harry all over Kenna again. Since the day he met her at my office, he's been asking about her every chance he gets.

"Who's that?" Harry asked right before he tripped on a pillow on the floor.

"Ouch," He groaned.

"Who fell so hard?" Kenna's laugh echoed in the room as she came close to us and dropped the cake on the coffee table next to Harry. She crouched next to him.

Harry looked up instantly and they both fell back as their eyes locked, low gaps escaped both of their lips and I rolled my eyes.

"You're the girl from the company!" Harry thought out loud and instantly stood up. He held out his hands for her, she looked at his kind gesture and looked away while getting up herself. Harry slowly took his hands to the pocket of his pants.

"Okay so I couldn't stop this encounter from happening," I said, walking in between them and giving them a strict look. "So we have to work together, Quinn would be back from the work soon so it's a double celebration. Her birthday and her last scene for the movie. So to avoid you two from doing whatever the fuck just happened you'll be working in different rooms."

"At least you woke up with her in your arms. You got to have birthday sex and breakfast together. I haven't seen my best friend today at all. Believe me, I want this to be perfect for her," Kenna huffed.

Damn, do best friends tell each other everything?

I shot her a look. "Yeah lucky me I won't deny that."

"And yet you want to have her for the rest of the day too?" she added with her eyebrows raised.

"Is there a problem with that?" I questioned and titled my head. She scoffed.

Now Harry stepped between us. "I don't have any plans for the day though."

"Huh?" Kenna and I both asked, confused.

"You're having a whole event planned for her. Let it be a mini-party. So Kenna and I can stay. That way Kenna won't be like a third wheel since I'll also the here. Kenna can also get to spend the day with her best friend, everyone is happy."

"But what do you gain from being forced to stay here because of me?" Kenna asked.

"I get to be with you," Harry replied instantly.

The room when quiet as Kenna couldn't find the words to speak.

"No no no! This is supposed to be an evening for me and my woman with no other people trying to get into each other's pants," I protested.

"Excuse me? Get into who's pants?" Kenna scoffed.

"Oh please don't be a crybaby," Harry rolled his eyes.

They both spoke at the same time.

Kenna turned to Harry. "We're you talking to me?"

Harry looked at her confused before his eyes widened and he immediately shook his head. "I was talking about Ace crying about not having Quinn alone for himself," he said nervously under her gaze.

"Oh okay," Kenna said and they both turned to me again.

"This is exactly what I don't want to happen in my apartment," I groaned. "And you Harry, a mini party is supposed to consist of just close friends and family. I can understand Kenna being invited but you? To Quinn, you're just the brother of the girl who wanted to steal her man."

Harry busted out laughing. "Who told you that?" He laughed. "Quinn and I have practically become best friends. Since the day we met here, we've been chatting on Instagram look-" He showed me his chats with Quinn but didn't let me grab his phone to inspect it and he instantly kept it back in his pockets. "You can't see that, we mostly gossip about you. We both have valuable information about you, do you know that? I think she would be more than glad to have me at her birthday party."

How didn't I know about any of this? I shut my eyes and ran my hands through my hair. "Okay whatever, you can both stay," I gave up and they smirked.

"Kenna you can set up the drinks and Harry you stay over here," I stated.

Harry grinned from ear to ear watching Kenna walk over to the mini bar and I slapped the back of his head.

"I can't even feel that, I'm too busy falling in love," He cooed with his hands on his chest.

Rolling my eyes, I walked away to get the cake Kenna bought.

It was going to be a long day.

More the like calm before the storm.

The day before I meet my parents.

~~~~~♡♡♡~~~~~

Hey loves.

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter and like Ace said it might just be the calm before the storm. *winks*

Vote, comment, and shareeee!