Looking at my phone with annoyance I shut it down. It was a call from Alex. I've been ignoring his messages and his phone calls a lot lately.

Thu, 26 Sep at 01:18 pm.

"We need to talk Viviana."
"Answer my calls."

Mon, 30 Sep at 05:42 pm.

"Put the price you want."
"Goddamnit Viviana."
"Just be my fucking whore."

You missed 2 calls from Alex on 10/6/2023.
You missed 5 calls from Alex on 10/9/2023.
You missed a call from Alex today at 02:04 a.m.

I don't even know how he got my number, but as we hooked up again last time he must've gone through my phone while I was asleep.

Not so surprised to be honest.

I've been keeping my brain on off mode, but thinking about his offer was the only thing that kept whizzing in my head. Why did he want me?
Why is still waiting for my response? Why was he even holding himself just for me to approve?

Lately, I've been thinking about what would happen if I gave myself up to him. Will it really be that bad? I was tight with money and I had to find a job in any matter, but as a twenty-three-year-old woman with no experience?

Was that possible?

I was thinking about it. And I was sure it wouldn't be as bad as the things I went through with Joe. Joe was my boyfriend. And he shared me for money, but what was Alex? He was nothing. He wanted me just to be there for him.

And only for him.

I squeezed my eyes at the long overthinking moment I had again I was not on my greatest time to think about it. I should sleep. I should get well. I should shower, I should do-

My eyes flickered open and a whine left my lips at the sound in my apartment. I would've liked it much better if it was my phone at that point.
But sadly it wasn't.

It was my door.

Knocking and ringing the bell couldn't let me stop from avoiding it. I had to see who it was even if I had to crawl up there.

My vision was bad, but I was sure it was because of my bad sleeping schedule. I'll try to do something about this again. I can't keep up like this, Joe is gone. I had to erase him from my sleep. Out of my life.

"Alex..?" I uttered facing the same man I've been ignoring over a week. "What are-"

"We have to talk." he cut me off. How did he find my place? Is there anything this man can't find?

"Not right now." My voice cracked. That was the first time I spoke up after days long. He looked at me baffled. Sure thing my hair looked oily and like an old stainless steel sponge scrubber that should've been in the trash bag by now, the dark spots under my eyes were wild and creepy if I ever went out late at night. I looked awful.

"Are you sick?" My head aches at the word sick.
He didn't fall into worries. He took the situation like every other one in his lifetime. He didn't worry, he didn't attend to me, he didn't ask like he'd give me CPR if I choked, nor would his voice tremble seeing me like this. He asked like it was his usual day routine. Nothing much.