Chapter 54: Father V.S. Son

1 month ago

"So," my father said disappointed. "Care to explain yourself, son?"

"I-I...," I stuttered. "I w-was just... s-string them a-along!"

Knightmare sighed, nodded his head disapprovingly, then started walking around me slowly.

"I raised a horrible liar. Then again, your mother did most of the work."

I looked down at the black void below me for a while.

"So?"

"W-why?"

"Because, you're a spoiled brat, and I need to hear you admit what you did before I punish you."

"N-no. Why d-do all t-this? I'm y-your son!"

"No son of mine would conspire with the enemy to kill me."

"Like you're a-any better! You manipulated me, forced me to fight in your petty war, and destroyed my self-esteem! And that was only to me!"

"Lower. Your. Tone."

I walked closer to my father, stared up into his eyes, and, taking a deep breath, I said clearly "Fuck. You."

"ENOUGH!" Knightmare cast his hand aside, causing black tendrils to grab my body and fling me back.

Before I hit the ground, I activated my jet boots, stopping me in my tracks. I then looked around for my father, who had disappeared.

Then, his voice echoed throughout the Knightmare realm, saying "YOU WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOUR FATHER THIS WAY!"

I knew he was here somewhere, so I ejected five firebombs out of my backpack, and just before they hit the ground and exploded, I magically electrified and clapped my hands together, enhancing the explosions exponentially.

When they did explode, it allowed me to see throughout the entire Knightmare realm. And what I saw terrified me.

Knightmare had grown at least several thousand times, making me seem like a spec in comparison.

"YOU UNGRATEFUL TWAT! DON'T YOU GET IT?! I'M THE ENTIRE REASON ANY OF THIS CAN HAPPEN!"

"Well I don't want to be apart of something I have no control over!"

Then, Knightmare flung his arm up, causing hundreds of massive black tendril spikes to shoot up from the ground.

I flew in between them, then focused really, really hard. Soon after, a surge of red electricity formed from my body and conducted around the spikes towards Knightmare.

When it hit him, he didn't even flinch.

"YOU JUST DON'T REALIZE! I'M THE THIRD MOST POWERFUL BEING IN THE OMNIVERSE! COMPARED TO YOU, I'M A GOD!"

Third?

"EVEN IF I WASN'T YOUR FATHER, YOU'D STILL HAVE TO WORSHIP ME! YOU'RE LUCKY I DON'T MAKE YOU DO BOTH!"

"Just because you're powerful doesn't mean you need to force others to love you!"

Then, something snapped in Knightmare, and he flung me to the ground, before I started slowly sinking through the darkness.

As I sunk, I saw my father quickly shrinking, before he said "If you refuse to do what I tell you, to disobey me, then I guess I have no choice."

"I guess I'll have to show you... your pure terror."

Then, I fell into an even darker black void, with zero white unlike the Knightmare realm.

5 minutes later