Chapter 39: Preparing For Revenge

When we walked into the break room, we both saw probably the most expected sight for a break room. It had a long wooden table with dozens of chairs around it, counters on each wall except for the one with the door, and the counters each had computers, a coffee machine, and printer.

We both sat down in the third chair of the table's sides, across from each other. Once we were comfortable, Rob looked me in the eyes and said "Just so you know, I'm fully on board with getting revenge. I just didn't want my kids to know."

"Completely understand. You want to keep them innocent as long as possible."

"Well, sort of. Mostly it's so they don't find out about what I did... who I was... before y'all."

"What do you mean," I asked with concern.

"My previous lives, they were filled with hate and revenge. I'm hoping that this might be my last act of vengeance, now that I have Matthew and Elijah."

...

"Though I think we should first prepare before we go find him," Rob finished.

I nodded, and then started thinking of the first thing to discuss. Eventually, I realized what it was, and said "First, we need to discuss Robert's robot army."

"Robot army," Rob asked.

"Yes. He's recently been making robotic soldiers with armor more tough and resistant than any known metal. I know this because I've witnessed a shotgun with titanium shells require five whole shells in order to take one robot down from close range."

"How'd you make titanium shotgun shells?"

"Way too complicated to explain," I answered.

"Really?"

"No, that's not the reason. It's really because the writer is too lazy to try and make an explanation," Matthew responded, who was in the back of the room suddenly.

"Matthew Joseph Freeman, what did I say about using your powers in public," Rob said assertively.

"But daaaad, I'm bored. And besides, I'm only using a speed mirage."

Rob sighed, then asked him "Did you at least keep the cameras from seeing you here?"

"Yep!"

Rob turned back towards me, and saw my look of confusion, so he explained "Basically Matthew and Elijah are able to control electricity, and have super speed as well."

"But... that doesn't even make sense. You don't control electricity, and neither did Elizabeth. How can they control electricity?"

"I've always assumed it's something to do with how I'm a Knuman and Elizabeth is a human."

...

"We're getting off track," I stated quickly.

Rob nodded, and Matthew used his hand and did a motion across his face similar to one of zipping his mouth, signifying he was shutting up.

"So, the first thing we need to do before we go find Rowan is obtain one of his robots so we can test just how strong it is, and hopefully figure out what it's made out of."

"Makes sense," Rob commented.

"But before that, I need to tell you something about these robots. After seeing a blueprint of them, I've noticed they have multiple attachments that use electricity, and a couple water cannons as well, and that's just scratching the surface."

"Shit, they're designed to counter me," Rob said.

"Not just you. I've noticed that they include multiple counters for my technology as well, like an emp and plasma cannons."