Chapter 29: Springing The Trap

Once I got to the metal door to the factory, I grabbed a white-striped disk out of my belt and pressed the button on it, making me invisible and masking my noise. I then proceeded to open the door with a panel to the right of the door, and as soon as there was enough room, I rolled under the door and then closed the door with the panel on the other side.

I turned around to look at the factory, which had what you'd expect from the factory. Dozens of factory lines where robots were made, and walkways above it all to oversee everything. There was a strange white gas throughout the room, and it seemed to be coming from the metals being used to support the robots.

In the middle of the factory was a large container that was used to undergo what I assumed to be nuclear fusion. Inside the container, every couple seconds, sparks of green electricity formed inside the container around the supposed nuclear fusion, and then the electricity disappeared immediately after.

I looked around again, seeing no guards whatsoever, so I turned off the disk and put it in my belt. "Huh, seriously, you'd expect at least 100 guards or something," I said to myself.

Maybe he's trying to flex something on you? Hope suggested.

"The only thing I can think of that he could possibly use a lack of guards to flex on is that his base is well defended without any guards..."

"Who the hell is he talking to," I heard a robotic voice whisper behind me, but I pretended to not hear it. "Shut up you idiots, he'll hear you," another robot whispered aggressively.

I rolled my eyes subtly, grabbed a grenade out of my belt, and attached it to the reactor. If you're gonna ambush me, you should probably do it now, I thought. Almost immediately after thinking that, I heard a robot whisper "Why don't we just attack him now?"

"Because Robert ordered us to wait!"

"You know, y'all suck at being silent," I said playfully as I turned around. Hearing nothing from the invisible ambushers, I said to my AI "Activate stealth detectors." Immediately after saying this, one of the robots yelled "Get him now!"

Before even a millisecond had passed, the invisibility detectors had activated for my helmet, and I saw about 100 invisible robots who were attempting to ambush me. Three robots charged at me first, and I jumped over the first two and landed on top of the third robot.

I grabbed it's neck with my legs, allowing nanotechnology on my suit to crawl from my suit onto the bot's body, and then I threw the bot with my legs to the two other robots who had charged at me.

Five different robot's arms transformed into plasma cannons as they attempted to shoot at me, but I dodged every single shot whilst making my way slowly towards them. Once I was close enough, I kicked the robot on the far left in the face, bringing nanotechnology from my suit to their body, leaped over the next two, unsheathed my sword, and decapitated the last two in the row with one slice.

The last two robots in the row transformed all their arms into swords, and charged at me. In response, I unsheathed my second sword and waited for them to make the first moves. The guard on the right attempted to bring both of their swords down on me in a downward strike, so I blocked both of their swords with one sword, and then kicked the other robot's 'ankle' off.

I proceeded to swing my currently unused sword and swung it through the second robot's hips, cutting it in half. After doing so, I saw around ten robots prepare flame throwers and fire bombs to shoot and throw at me, so I quickly sheathed my swords, activated my energy shields, and struck them into the ground, creating an even bigger energy shield that surrounded my body.

As the bots tried to destroy my shield with fire(a stupid idea), I detached my shields from their gauntlets, not deactivating the larger shield, and then started accessing the mini-computer on my right arm. After filtering through a few things, I pressed an EMP button, causing an emp to surge from my suit, and shutting off about half the remaining bots.