GUILTY

Chapter Forty One

We were in the dungeons, they opened a dungeon for me and Raphael threw me in. I looked at Raphael from the ground. The knights walked away leaving us alone.

"You... you don't really think I tried poisoning her!?" I got up and grabbed the bars of the cell door, Raphael looked at me with no emotions. I scoffed.

"You said you trusted me!!"

"I'll come check on you later" Raphael started walking up stairs, I banged on the bars "I'm innocent! I didn't do shit!"

The emperor walked to Raphael, "I demand you to release Helena!" The emperor demanded "not this time!" "Do you really think Helena is behind this!?" The emperor yelled, Raphael glared at him coldly and walked away.

"Raphael, get your ass back here!" Raphael went back to the scene, everyone left the scene and knights were investigating it. Amina shoved Raphael, "Amina!" William grabbed her.

"You know it as much as I do, your highness! You know Helena is innocent! You know she didn't do this!" Amina screamed at him, Raphael gave her a striking look, Amina got goosebumps.

"Come on, Amina. Let's go" William tugged on her, Amina walked away upset. "We have a witness, sir" a knight said with a maid. "I saw lady Helena and Olivia argue and Helena did make that bruise on her wrist, and I did over hear Helena saying she wanted to kill Olivia."

"She's a monster! A monster! You need to kill her!" The maid cried, Raphael gave her a death look and she immediately shut up. Raphael walked away. He sighed, William came back "I took Amina to her room. Olivia is in the emergency room as we speak, she'll be... ha" William noticed his stress.

"You don't care about anyone or anything, but her right now. You just wanna know if she actually tried poisoning Olivia" William smirked at him. Raphael looked at him with annoyance "hey, hey. That's your wife, man. But we all know how Helena is" "she's changed."

"She's... changed? And since when did you believe in that?" William asked "doesn't matter. She kept blaming her family, do you really think her family has something to do with this?" Raphael asked, William sighed.

"You know how that family is. They're secretive and mysterious, not even the emperor ever knows what their next move is. Everyone here is a suspect, but the main one is lady Helena."

Raphael became nervous

I sat in my cell, I was hyperventilating.

Those fuckers are going to get me killed. They risked to poison Oliva? That was their plan... that was going easy on me..

I got up and started walking around.

If Raphael believes I'm the murderer, he'll kill me. Whether he's emperor or not, he'll for sure kill me!

I have to talk to someone! Amina, I need—

"Helena," I flinched and turned around, it was the emperor "f-father..." he looked at me with cold eyes. "You must think I'm also the murderer, huh? Well if you think so, leave! I don't wanna see any of you!" I shouted.

"Murderer? I don't, Helena. I don't believe any of that" the emperor stepped closer to my cell, I walked closer to him. "You don't?" He nodded "insulting you, means insulting my family. Family is everything to me" he grabbed my hand.

I started to cry, I fell to my knees. "It wasn't me, it wasn't! I was framed!" The emperor noticed I was injured and dirty from being pinned down to the ground, he took out a hanker chief and handed it to me.