THE SUMMER FESTIVAL

Chapter Forty

Agh...

Today is the day, the summer festival.

The maids woke me up. "Time to get dress, my lady" they helped me up, I yawned.

I really don't wanna do any of this. Just want to sleep even more.

The maids showered me, and dressed me up like a porcelain doll. I was still half asleep.

"My lady, Please keep your head up" she instructed "y-yes, sorry. Just very tired" I lifted my head up, I looked at myself in the mirror.

She finished doing my hair, I had one thin single braid on both sides of my head.

Heyy, I look good.

I had a big red and black dress, it matched my eyes.

Does it have to be our garden though..? Ugh!!

I walked out of my room, and I met up with Raphael. "Your highness," I smiled softly, he observed what I was wearing "is in not to your liking?" I asked "you look... fine" his ears were hot, I wrapped my arm around his.

"Did we really have to host it in our garden?" I asked "let's just get this over with. And no being childish" Raphael demanded "me, childish?" I asked sarcastically.

We stepped out and everyone was already here. My jaw dropped.

Why so much people!? More than balls that I've went to!

It was a beautiful scenery though.

"Is your father going to be attending?" I asked him, he nodded no. "He's busy," "Helena!" My stomach dropped, it was my family.

I knew they were coming. But it still makes me wanna hurl when I see them.

"My loving family," I cracked a big smile and gave them all a hug, "your highness" the Duke walked to Raphael. "Thank you for taking care of my daughter. I know she can be a handful" the Duke thank him.

Raphael didn't reply to that, "please walk with me" the Duke offered, Raphael looked at me once more, I smiled letting him know it'll be okay. Raphael walked away with Helena's parents.

I looked back at George and Louis, they are glaring at me.

"Try something, I dare the both of you!" I yelled at them. "You think just cause we're with peoples, and especially your husband we're afraid" I took a step closer to them "you should be afraid."

"We know you took the files of our crimes" I didn't react "I knew you were going to find out. So try something and I'll expose you and make sure you'll all get a life sentence" I clenched my fists.

"What happened to our little obedient Helena? We miss that girl" Louis reached for my face but I slapped his hand away. "As I told your little spy, Olivia. I've changed" I said firmly.

"Let's go, I'm thirsty" George said and Louis followed him. I was left alone, I sighed "are you alright, Lady Helena?" Amina asked me, she looked very beautiful.

"Yes" I smiled "quarreling with my brothers. Like every siblings" I added, Amina laughed. "Where's your highness?" Amina asked "speaking with my parents. Don't know what, but I'll stay out of that."