PREPARING FOR THE SUMMER FESTIVAL

Chapter Thirty Nine

We got back to the empire, the carriage dropped us off.

"Thank you for coming with us on this trip, Helena" the emperor smiled "I'm glad I was able to spend some time with you and my husband" I smiled back and the carriage carried on.

Raphael was already inside, the maid grabbed our bags and I walked in.

"Welcome your highnesses" the maids and butlers welcomed us back. Amina ran down stairs and gave me a huge hug, "it's nice to see you as well, Amina" I smiled.

"Helena," Raphael caught my attention "I'll be in my office, working. Just in case you need anything" I smiled.

That talk I had with him last night did a huge job between us.

I nodded, "alright" he walked up stairs. "Did something happened between you two?" Amina asked, I smiled "I think he finally came around with me" we squealed in excitement.

"You can now love each other properly" Amina grabbed my hands "what, no. I told you and him, I'm not in love with him anymore" I said walking off and she followed "what do you mean?"

"What's so hard to understand? I'm not in love with your highness, my plan is just to be in good terms with him and sooner or later, I want to divorce him so he can be happy with anyone, and I'll be settled."

Amina stopped, I noticed and looked at her disoriented. "What?" "You actually meant that since the beginning?" "Yes," I nodded "oh, honestly didn't expect you to mean it to this point" Amina walked closer.

Someone bumped into me, it was Olivia. "You've finally shown your face. Where have you been?" I asked her straight up "here and there. Running errands, just been busy" she smiled.

I can see through your crooked smile.

"Amina, leave" I demanded "huh? Y-yes my lady'" Amina walked off. I leaned closer, "I know" Olivia looked at me confused "that trick about my nut allergy. I know, that was on purpose. I know that my parents put you here" I glared at her.

"Wha—" I cut her off "let me tell you something and I want you to let my trashy ass family know" I grabbed her wrist and pulled her closer.

"I'm not that old Helena more. I'm a newer, better version" a maid was coming and saw us "you wouldn't dare hurt me. If yo—" I cut her off, "are you threatening me? Cause if you are, that won't work."

"I'm not scared to take action like before. I'll make sure you go through hell cause of me" her eyes widened. "So fucking try me."

I let her wrist go, it left a bruise. "Thank you for your service, Olivia" I walked pass her, she just stood there clenching her teeth. I got to my room.

Amina was looking through my dresses. "What're you doing Amina? "Oh, looking for a dress for you my lady. For the Summer ball."

Summer ball?

"What're you talking?" I asked and sat down near the window "it's in a week, Lady Helena" "oh? Is your highness going?" I asked "you and him, are a married couple. So he should be" She replied.

"Hm, all those dresses are tacky Helena. How about you go find me a new dress, and while you're at it. Find yourself something" I smiled at her "thank you, lady Helena" Amina walked out of my room.

What I did to Olivia.. I needed to send them a message. Warn them, cause I'll be taking action on them soon.

I can't be doing nothing. I need to survive as Helena, just in case I can't go back home.

Speaking of home, at the summer ball I should take the chance to speak to William about Penelope, Windsor's lover.

I walked out of my room. I ran into Raphael.