CHANGES

Chapter Fifteen

The pass week, Amina has been in bed, she was conscious. Doctors says she will wake up, don't know when bur she will, Raphael was always visiting her though.

A day came where Raphael and I went to the emperor cause he wanted to see me.

"When we get there let me do the talking" is what Raphael said the whole ride.

"From what I know, you were at the children's orphanage, am I correct?" I nodded yes "yes, your majesty" I spoke up. "Why? Why in the fucking hell! Were you in the village!?"

I glanced at the Lavigne family, they were looking at me with such disappointed and hatred eyes.

"Please correct me, but are you a damn idiot, lady Helena!?!?" He screamed, there was so much intense in the room. "And you, you filthy child!" He insulted Raphael "you don't supervise your wife! She's your wife! She could've died! You both  both damn idiots!!"

I looked at Raphael, he was looking at the emperor with such a cold expression.

"Do you both have anything to say!?" Raphael didn't say a word, "maybe..." I spoke up "maybe if you were to care for what's happening in the village, or outside of the empire gates, this wouldn't be happening" I said, Raphael flinched and looked at me.

"Helena!" The Duke yelled, "I'm just saying. With all due respect, your majesty, on your part you've been doing a great job. On the other part, it's been horrible!" I yelled, "I understand that the empress has passed away!" I added.

"But no one is caring for the rest! Have you seen what's outside of those gates!? A mess! It's so sad there! Children are starving, dying! Those are your people!" I cried.

"And as the future empress..." I took a deep breath "I demanded changes!" Raphael covered my mouth, "the hell are you doing?" He looked at me with a look, I smacked his hand away.

"Those people deserve changes!" I yelled "and I'm demanding it! You still have to take care of those people; those children don't even know how to make a full sentence!" I glared at him.

"Do you see how many murders, and thief's are there!? Cause you don't care what's going on there!" The emperor glared right back at me.

"If you don't wanna deal with it, I'll gladly will!" I was breathing heavily and shaking, Raphael was looking at me with a different look, I glanced at him.

"If you ever go back there, please take knights with you. Leave" I smiled, and I walked out of the room with everybody else.

"Helena De Lavigne!" He yelled, I turned around.

The Duke.

"I'm so proud of you!" He smiled at me while everyone passed, while everyone was gone he smack my face. I fell to the ground, "you disgust me! You filthy child!" Christina yelled.

How... why... ? Helena is doing something good, a good reputation on the Lavigne. So why are they still mis treating her?

I stood up, my face was red. "I... what do you mean?" I asked "do you know how embarrassing!? It is for your family to go through this! To watch a Lavigne to get yelled by the emperor" George yelled.

I scoffed, "you don't even do shit!" I snapped back at him, they flinched I covered my mouth, "you...!" He smacked me once more and I fell to the ground. They walked pass me.

"What're you doing on the floor?" I flinched and looked up, Raphael, "y-your highness" Raphael helped me up. "I know you told me to let you—" he cut me off "was that it?" He asked "what do you mean?" I was confused.