A POSSIBILITY

⚠️ RACISM AND SLURS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS CHAPTER ⚠️

Chapter Twenty

I snucked out of the palace.

The public library should still be open.

I went to the library in my night gown and some bunny slippers. I walked.

"Your highness, what're you doing here? Where are your knights?" The librarian asked "ah... about that" I lied to her that I didn't wanna bother them since it was late.

"Ah, I see. Well alright" The librarian went behind her desk and opened a book. I looked around the shelves, looking anything about magic once again.

I sighed.

I came here instead of heaven for a reason!

I groaned, and leaned against a shelf. It started to moving, "huh...? Ah!" I switched over to the other side, "my lady...?" The librarian called out but at the r hearing no answer she went back to her book.

"Holy shit..." it was a secret passing, another mini library. "Was this setting in the novel? I don't remember..." I looked around, there were some papers scattered around the floor.

The secret library was old and dusty, a few spider webs in the corner, and there was a huge window having a good views on some parts of the empire.

I looked at the books, my eyes widened "these book are ages from now... amazing. Who came up with all of this..?" "Maybe I can find something here" I told myself and searched around the books.

I looked around for at least 40-50 minutes and still found nothing. I groaned out of frustration, I sat on the chair, "I need to find a way out of here just in case I don't survive!" I sighed, and spotted a red book on the desk.

It didn't have a title, I opened the book. "Reincarnation... Upon death, the soul becomes transmigrated into a new infant, or an animal to live once again" my eyes wounded, I flipped through the pages.

"Reincarnation provides an opportunity for souls to perform those commandments that they were unable to do in a previous incarnation. Or soke souls return to the living to benefit others. This can be to help out an individual or the entire generation, spiritually or materially" I read.

"What...?" I flipped the paper again, it wasn't completed.

Only two pages?? Nah! Nah!

I looked around the book to find a name but there was nothing written but the pages. I scoffed, "you're fucking joking!" I threw the book, and screamed at top of my lungs.

I took deep breaths.

Calm down, So Hyun. You finally found something, this world, or at least someone believe in reincarnation and they might know something about how to go back or to move on.

I picked the book up and put it on the desk once again. I pushed the shelf and it exited me out. I walked to the librarian, she smiled at me. "I'll be going now" she said goodbye to me and I went back home.

I walked up to the door, once I opened my doors I found myself looking at a glaring Raphael.

"Y-your highness?"

Ah shit.

I was sitting in the dining room, Raphael was leaning against the wall thinking to himself.

"So can I... go to bed?" "Since you love staying up past hours, no" I rolled my eyes "I just went for a walk!" I complained. "A walk? Helena, you live in a HUGE palace, you couldn't walk around here?" I looked away.