fifty- nova

"You look good in that

"You look good in that." 

"Probably because it's your jersey." I turn around and tell Carter as I put my earrings in. 

Carter spent last night at mine. It's been a few weeks since Halloween and I've never been happier. 

All of the first week when I walked past a person who goes to Grange they start telling me how 'brave' I am for doing what I did. 

While having my ego inflated is kinda fun, if I hadn't done it Carter would have at some point anyway. 

I'm just a lot more impatient than him. 

A lot more. 

"Yeah exactly. Grant name looks good on you." He gets off my bed and stands behind me. "Let me put the necklace on." 

"Be my guest." 

It's a little star necklace that has the letter 'N' on it. Rie has the same one, except hers has an 'R' engraved. 

Carter takes my necklace from my vanity. "I think you're going to win today." 

"You think? Just have no faith in your boyfriend?" He finishes putting on the necklace for me and I turn around. 

I place both my hands on his chest. "I have all the faith in you to do well Carter, stop being a crybaby." I push the hair out of his face. 

"That's good to hear Nov." He lifts my chin up with his thumb and kisses me. "I've got my girl in the stands anyway, I've got to be on my a-game." 

"I'm officially a WAG now." I inform him. He presses his hands to his mouth. 

"No way!" He hyperboles and I push his shoulder back. "You're real violent Nov. So strong as well, all that sport you did as a kid is really showing itself off." 

"Is this your way of calling me weak?" I question. He shrugs me off and kisses my cheek. 

"Who cares if you're weak, at least you're smart." I open my perfume bottle and spray some on my neck and wrists.

"So I am weak Grant?" I counter. I put my perfume bottle back and move away from Carter to find my sneakers. 

"Yes." 

"Whatever." 

"Is that your favourite word or something Chetti? Whatever." 

"Whatever Carter Grant. Are you going to get ready for your game or not?" He shakes his head. I'm currently sat on the floor tying my laces. My shoes are my favourite pair of sneakers, the beaten Converse, which are way past their prime. 

"We have changing rooms for that Chetti." Seeing Carter Grant get ready for a soccer game would absolutely kill me. 

I don't know what it is about men in uniform but they always look so fucking good.