forty three- carter

"Bree best decision you've ever made

"Bree best decision you've ever made." I commend her and throw an arm around her shoulder in solidarity.

I didn't even have to take part in the Nov's ex boyfriend abuse because Bree did it all for me.

Plus, with a face like that he's not going very far in life. I don't discriminate against noses when it comes to females, but this guy has a nose that made his entire face look like a crescent moon.

"Oh I know." Bree points at Nov's ex boyfriend who is begging this girl who works here, whose name I can never remember, to give him an ice pack. The girl keeps ignoring him.

"B I'd say that was wrong but I'm not going to lie." Nov looks real good right now. Even with her Jord's apron thing on, I'd have her right now if all our friends weren't watching.

"I think we can all agree that was one of Bree's best moments." Levi places a hand on Rie's back and nods like a proud dad.

"I feel like you're undermining all my drunk moments." Bree pouts and claps her hands together. "But I'm going to enjoy my moment in the limelight."

"You enjoy B." Nov kisses her on the cheek and grabs Bree's arm to spin her around.

"Where are you going?" I ask Nov.

"To talk to him." It's none of my business what Nov wants to say to her ex, but I can't help but make it about me.

I don't mean in some spoilt younger sibling way.

I just mean does Nov like me as much as I think she does?

Does Nov see me like she sees her ex sometimes?

Does Nov-

Fuck it I need to stop.

I sound like Carter who had just got cheated on by his bitch of an ex-girlfriend.

"Al-yeah alright." My lips form a line and I cross my arms getting more defensive than I should.

"It's probably just closure." Nate comes up behind me and places his hand on my shoulder. I don't think I appreciate Nate as much as I should.

Don't get me wrong he is the friend that ditched me for his girl- no judgement because his girl is the sweetest- but he's always been there for me.

I'm joking about that ditching me for his girl thing by the way.

I don't get when people get upset when their friends are happy with someone else romantically. I'd get it if said person was in love with their friend, but if that's just not the case, chill.

Just be happy, you get me?

Back to Nate.

Nate's basically a brother to me- in short.

"Yeah maybe. Maybe not." I try to shrug it off. I know Nov doesn't like this guy one bit so I should just stop thinking about it.

"Nah we both know that she doesn't like him." Nate smiles at me.