twenty eight- nova

"Two in one day, I didn't know you were capable Chetti

"Two in one day, I didn't know you were capable Chetti." I have my head resting in my hands while my elbows are on the kitchen counter.

"I did." I came downstairs about five minutes ago and Carter still hasn't mentioned our kiss.

But I think that's a problem we seem to have.

Neither of us mentioned the elevator thing and Carter had all this hidden resent about it.

"That's a lie and you know it." Carter lifts up his spatula and turns to look at me.

He's shirtless again and has Theo's apron on. He's never going to tell Theo he wore it though.

"It's not a lie." I'm not really lying.

I didn't think I was going to have to kindly reject two of my friends, but well I did.

Carter was there both times, looking at us. Or me.

It's embarrassing how for the last few hours of my life I've been wanting Carter to touch me again.

To put his hands on my waist and kiss me softly, or not so softly, again.

"A lie is a lie is a lie." I look at him completely unimpressed.

"You sound like an old man."

"I don't kiss like one though." I cough in disbelief. This is how he addresses our kiss?

Of course it is.

It's Carter.

I make a noise to disagree with him and he turns around again.

"What are you disagreeing with Chetti?"

"Nothing." I hum and hear an 'uh-huh' noise as a response.

"Are you saying you don't think I'm a good kisser?" He asks a moment later.

"I didn't say anything." I offer him as a reply and I can tell he's smiling even though I can't see his face.

"So you'd kiss me again then right?" I don't say a word and he waits expectantly.

"Why do you ask Grant?" I teasingly whisper just loud enough for him to hear.

"I have the ability to ask questions so I decide to use it." He flips a slice of bacon and obviously makes a smart ass comment.

"Yeah okay."

"Come over here Chetti. I'm going to teach you how to make bacon taste perfect." I look unimpressed again and he beckons me over.

I give in and stand up despite the fact my entire body doesn't want to. I drag my feet over to Carter and his eyes make me feel naked.

He's looking at me like I'm wearing lingerie. I have a tank top and shorts on.

Carter puts his arm out and slides me so I'm standing right in front of him.

He hasn't broke eye contact once.

"This hair on your face has been bugging me since you came down here." He brushes his thumb against my cheek and puts my hair behind my ear.

"How exactly has it been bugging you so much? You've looked at me twice Grant." The corner of his lips turn upwards.

"I could look at you once and remember that one glimpse forever Chetti." I make an 'oh' noise and then he looks away.