thirty eight- nova

It's my last week here

I think it is at least.

I found a new place that's affordable for me, it's about twenty minutes from Grange, by car.

So if I walk it's about forty minutes.

And it's far from all my friends.

It's closer to my marketing job though.

The only people that know this is Rie, my mom and dad.

I would tell Carter but I like how things are with us right now.

Does that make me a bad person?

I just don't have it in me to tell him.

I will soon.

I have seven days.

I'll find the right time.

Anyway I have to get to Rizz for breakfast with my friends.

I've recently realised that if my friends and I didn't go out to drink, and eat, all the time, we'd probably be rich.

Not rich. But well off.

Like a lot more well off.

Just not knee length deep in student debt.

Most of us anyway.

Grange offers extensive scholarships for all aspects of school. It's one of the reasons I ended up coming to Springfield.

I have an academic one, I don't mean to brag but my GPA is pretty high and I aced my SATs.

But of course I have a scholarship, how could the girl who grew up in The Bronx, whose parents used to juggle jobs, afford to come to Grange.

The almost Ivy League.

I slip into the bathroom before Teo can get in there and then lock his side of the door.

"Nova!" I hear Mateo start banging on the door. "No me importa si es tu última semana, ¡no puedes colarte en mi baño, bruja!"

I do not care if it is your last week, you cannot just sneak into my bathroom you witch!

"No puedo oírte, ¡y me echarás de menos polla!"

I cannot hear what you are saying and you will miss me dick!

"Whatever." Mateo's footsteps leave the bathroom door and I laugh to myself for a minute.

I'll miss this.

I turn the water on and take about ten minutes to shower.

By the time I'm done Teo has already lost his patience and is banging on the door.

"I'm done!" I shout and he seems to cool down because all the noise stops.