forty six- nova

He didn't speak to me at all last night

It hurts so bad when this person you care so much about feels like a distant memory. 

Like they're intangible. 

Carter Grant feels so far from me and its all my fault. 

He's around me, he's talking, he's laughing, but he doesn't acknowledge me like he used to. 

Even when I know Carter wasn't that fond of me, he acknowledged me. 

Now it feels like he can't even see me. As if I'm some ghost who just lurks around him. I don't enjoy feeling like a ghost. 

I think Rie has sensed my quite clear sadness about the whole situation, and is dragging me to Boston to get Halloween costumes. 

We haven't quite settled on what to dress up as. 

Superheroes?

Sexy(er) Cristina and Meredith? 

Witches?

Men in Black?

Soccer players?

Rie is swinging to soccer players, but I'd rather dress up as anything but a soccer player. Quite literally anything. 

Whatever costume shop we go to I'm praying it doesn't have anything soccer-related inside. 

I step inside my shower and let the water soak my hair. I press my hands to my face and wipe the water from my eyes. 

Rie is going to get here soon and we're going in her car to Boston. I think Boston might be my second favourite city, in the country I mean. 

London when I went there with my marketing firm was one of the best experiences ever. 

Some of London was not nearly as nice as others, but places like Covent Garden, the West End and literally any of the places with a good restaurant were perfect. 

I did all the touristy shit as well. After I'd done all the work stuff in the day, at night I explored the city alone and I have zero regrets. 

Night bus tours are a blessing. Slightly scary, but a blessing. 

I remember walking around The Bronx and thinking what kind of crazy do you have to be to get on a tour bus at night to see the 'worst' borough in the state. Best state or worst, night tours are too good to pass up on. 

Also, The Bronx is not the worst borough. 

Boston just has no faults in my eyes. I can't even describe it. In plain words, Boston is the kind of place I could actually see myself raising a family. 

New York, as much as it holds a massive piece of my heart, is the last place I'd raise my kids. 

I'm not questioning my parent's decision to raise me there, but letting my kid take the subway alone every day is not what I want for them.