twenty- nova

Maybe I was completely wrong about Carter and me never being friends

I don't admit to being wrong often so that's saying a lot.

I guess Rie was right about my casual cruelness to Carter being maybe a bit much.

Apart from his remarks and snarky comments, which we both say, he hasn't ever really gone out of his way to make me hate him.

Don't get me wrong, I haven't had some grand awakening where I realised Carter Grant is secretly my guardian angel.

But maybe I was reaching with the Satan comments.

It was our talk outside the kitchen on Thursday.

He looked at me like he was being genuine.

Like he didn't have anything snarky to say and had no more remarks in him.

Like in that moment I wasn't just Chetti, I was something more than that.

But I'm overthinking it all.

It was almost seemed like that.

Not everything is what it seems.

Carter and I aren't friends yet but if we were to become friends maybe I wouldn't hate it.

I guess I don't take the number one spot for the pettiest person alive.

I had the number one spot a few days ago though.

"Nov!" Theo shouts at me from the bottom of the stairs.

I can't make the guys late for their match today. I know better than to do that.

And now considering I'm living with them, once a week I'll be having to drive them, on time, to their games.

"I'm coming!" I throw on my purple hoodie which tastefully says The Bronx on it. I dip my hand in the small tub of junk I have in my room and pull out a green ring that goes with the green cargos Rie picked out for me.

"Please hurry!" I hear Theo's voice and grab the nearest book to me. I pull my door open and rush down the corridor dropping my book in the process.

I stop in my tracks to pick it up and I hear a familiar laugh come from behind me.

"We are so going to be late because of you Chetti." Carter swoops down before me and grabs my book.

"Great Expectations?" I look down at his hands and a groan escapes my lips.

The fact this book didn't burn in the fire makes me want to cry.

My dad gifted me Great Expectations when I was twelve.

The day he gave it to me I think I had to hold back physical tears.

Mainly because I distinctly remember asking for the newest Twilight book.