forty two- nova

I'm a bad person

I'm a bad person.

I lied straight to the man I love's face.

No Carter I don't know if I'm staying.

You bought a new apartment Nov.

I remember once Carter said to me, when I wasn't his biggest fan, that I'm incredibly smart but sometimes I do stupid stuff.

At the time I told him to keep walking until he sees a bright white light- coming from a truck.

Now I hate to think he was right.

I don't need to lie. There's zero need for me to do so. But it just keeps happening.

Rie's sat at the bar telling me to tell them, but every time I want to I just choke up.

I'm back at Jordan's again. The game is going on right now, it's been twenty minutes and I kind of wish I had gone.

I do really appreciate Rie being here with me.

Rie is the light of my life.

I'm sure she knows that.

She's like the perfect friend for me. I sound like I'm in love with Rie.

Who doesn't love their best friend?

In high school all my friends felt like Steven's friends.

I could not stand Steven's male friends.

I remember junior year this friend of mine dating Steven's friend did some stuff with her boyfriend.

Obviously it's not taboo to talk about your sexual life. But I think telling all your friends about the stuff your girlfriend did with you and telling them exactly what it was like, makes you a jackass.

According to Steven he started to explain to them what she tasted like. It's so fucked.

They broke up about five months later.

I remember secretly celebrating. Steven and I were broken up by this point though so I didn't really talk to any of those people.

I regret dating Steven all the time.

We learn from mistakes- but I'd rather have just not made the mistake of dating Steven.

"Nov." I look up to Rie. "Please can you make me a cocktail?"

"Yeah sure. What type?" I ask her and grab a clean glass for her.

"Any." I'll give her something sweet. The new cocktail that Jacob added to the menu. Blue Lagoon.

"Also what are we going as to the Halloween bash?" I add some rum to her drink and press my lips together.

"Hmm, maybe like superheroes." I suggest to her.

"Batgirl?" She turns her phone around and has this cute picture.

"No I was thinking more like Poison Ivy."

"She isn't a superhero Nov." Oh. I knew that.