eighteen- nova

"So you made a deal with him?" Rie shouts over the speakerphone

I'm sitting on one of the benches overlooking the soccer field. Nate not only told the soccer team about the deal but told Bree and Rie before I got the chance to.

Rie should be working right now anyway.

But instead she's in the bathroom at Rizz shouting. Bree and Romi are trying there best not to laugh and I'm trying my best not to turn red.

Even though the soccer field is massive if Coach Hart hears Rie shouting it wouldn't be the best thing.

"Yes Rie I did." It's not like I agreed to have sex with him.

I just said I'd apologise. Not that I will have to. It's not in Carter's nature to not be an ass.

"So is this the start of a friendship?" She questions me and I frown at her.

I don't hate Carter.

I guess now I'm closer to liking him than hating him.

He's like a bully in elementary whose only aim is to annoy you.

But it's just science to adapt to things.

Or to argue with Carter until he shuts up.

But being friends with him is not something I think I ever want to happen.

I'm probably the pettiest person on the planet but there's just some things that Carter has done that I'll find hard to forget.

Like sleeping with friends of mine and making them no longer friends of mine.

Like treating women like dog shit.

Like making girls pretend to be friends with me just because they went to get close to Carter and using me for that reason only.

I guess the last one isn't really his fault.

Shitty people have always existed.

But my point is it'd take a lot for a friendship between Carter and I to happen.

"No." I confirm for her and Romi frowns at me. "What?" I frown right back at her.

Romi's looking at me as if I've killed someone and Rie is silent over the line.

"Do you ever think you're too hard on Carter?" Rie questions me over the phone.

It's a valid question though.

I guess I can be.

But then again none of my friends have ever been used and disposed of.

Maybe I'm just naive.

Or I come across as naive.

I guess I come across as a lot of things to people.

But I'm going to shut up or I'll fall into the shitty habit that is victimising myself.