twenty five- carter

She's sitting there as if nothing happened

Sitting across from me at the coffee table with Stoke beside her.

They're talking about surfboarding and how she'd love to learn.

Stoke has no other intentions with her than to genuinely talk about surfboarding, same for her.

But my blood is still boiling.

For way too much of my time in college, Nova Chetti has been on my mind.

I've been so goddamn tired.

Until about yesterday, when I realised despite everything telling her to stay away will all things to do with me, she can't.

I'm not just saying that to be an asshole.

I'm just a bit observant.

But fuck me, it'd be a lie for me to say I can stay away from her.

Yesterday I almost kissed her.

I was so close I could smell the cherry lip gloss on her lips.

I could see the golden specs in her eyes and the curl of her eyelashes.

But the kiss didn't happen anyway.

The elevator started moving again and as soon as we got back to ours Theo and Mateo were there.

We didn't speak about it after, and still haven't.

I've got all this pent up frustration because of her and I can't seem to get the frustration to go away.

I don't know why Romi told us all to come here so early.

But I know there's no way I could have said no to Romi, so does everyone else, that's why we're all here.

Except Lucas. I have no fucking clue where he is.

I'm sandwiched in between Tom and Todd.

For the last week or something Todd has been in Compton with his brother. I don't know exactly why but he's been gone.

He's finally back though and he looks better than he did before. Better as in happier.

Todd's name isn't actually as white as it sounds, his name is actually Tedros, but somehow people ended up calling him Todd.

I don't think he really gives a shit though.

Anyway, Todd looks like he's flagging down a girl at a few tables over and Tom is on his phone looking at tickets to a MLS game.

I try to focus on something other than Nova and Stoke in front of me but when she starts giggling it hits a nerve.

I've known Stoke for a few years now, and whatever him, Zack and Noah talk about they all seem to find funny, but never have I seen Stoke make a girl laugh.