Epilogue

7 years later

"Mama! Duckies!" Azalea squeals, clapping her little hands as a family of ducks drift on through the stream, ducking under the water as they go.

"I see them, aren't they cute!" I gasp, taking my daughters hand to see them closer. She squeals in excitement when one of the ducklings paddles close to the bank. "Don't fall in princess," Luca chuckles, catching our daughter before she can fall in. "I wanna catch one," Alessio giggles wickedly, running to where we are. "Don't you'll hurt it," Vincenzo scolds, pulling his little brother back.

"Boys don't fight," Luca warns, ruffling Alessio's hair. "Yeah don't fight," Azalea scolds her older brothers.

I chuckle and gently pull my daughter onto my
lap, hugging her as we watch the ducks float by. Alessio comes up and wraps his little arms around my neck, squeezing me as he gapes at the ducks, "Mama I want one," he huffs.

"I don't think Duchess would like that sweetie," I tell him, causing him to furrow his eyebrows. "I don't want Duchess to be sad," he ponders, "I don't want one anymore, Duchess is more important," he decides.

"Good decision son," Luca smiles, sitting beside me. I lean into him and he puts an arm around me. "Dadda!" Azalea giggles, jumping into his arm. "Hello princess," he smiles, kissing her cheek. Alessio takes the chance to plant himself in my lap, Enzo sitting beside me as I put an arm around my eldest son.

It's been 7 years since our wedding, so we came back to the garden to celebrate. Every day since then has been nothing short of perfect. We had Enzo 6 years ago, Alessio coming a year later and our little girl 2 years after him. Our little family. The family I've dreamt about for so long, and I wouldn't change a thing.

"Mama can we go to your cafe after the park?" Enzo asks, looking at me with a smile on his face. "Of course we can hunny," I smile, giving him a small kiss. His smile grows as he diverts his attention back to the stream.

Luca leans down and kisses me, causing all 3 children to gag, "That's so gross," Azalea laughs, covering her eyes, "Dadda you can't kiss Mama when we're here," she squeals, still covering her eyes as she erupts in giggles.

"I'm sorry princess, I won't do it again," Luca laughs, tickling his daughter as she continues to gasp with laughter.

"It's ok Mama, if Dad can't kiss you I can," Alessio smiles, taking my face in his hands before planting a kiss on my forehead, Enzo kissing my cheek so not to be left out. Alessio squeezes my neck again, hugging me tightly. I hug him back and ruffle his hair, he's a Momma's boy through and through.

"Dadda I want that flower!" Azalea suddenly gasps, pointing at a lily floating along the stream. "You want me to buy you a bunch at the flower shop?" Luca asks his daughter, his eyes shining. "But that one's the prettiest flower in they wholeee world!" Azalea huffs, stretching her arms out. "Alright princess, boys let's get your sister that flower," Luca smiles,
placing Azalea in my lap as he stands up.

Enzo and Alessio excitedly scurry up to help their father, promising Azalea to get her the flower.

"They do anything we ask them to," Azalea giggles, clapping her little hands. "That's because you're their little princess," I murmur, combing my hands through her hair; "And you're their queen then," Azalea decides, looking up at me with shining eyes. "That's exactly right," I laugh.

"Azalea look!" Enzo shouts, wading into the water with Luca and Alessio, with Luca carrying Alessio on his shoulders. "Woah careful there buddy," Luca chuckles, grabbing his sons shoulder as he begins to slip. "I'm ok," Enzo smiles, taking hold of his fathers wrist. "Good man," Luca says.

"Can I get it for Azalea?" Enzo asks, reaching out to clutch the lily. "If you can reach it," Luca responds, holding tightly onto his son's hand as Enzo grabs onto the stem. "Azalea I got it!" Enzo yells, waving the wet flower above his head.

Azalea starts clapping her hands, cheering her older brother on as he wades back through the water and up the bank. He shakes off his wet pants and hands Azalea the water lily. "Thank you!" she gasps, her eyes shining as she looks at the pretty flower. She leans up and wraps her arms around Enzo's neck, causing him to stumble over. "You're my favourite big brother," she gushes, smiling wickedly at Alessio. Alessio glares at the two as Luca takes him down from his shoulders. He laughs at his son's indignant expression and pats his shoulder, "She's only joking," he assures the distraught boy, "Aren't you princess?" he says, in a warning tone.

Azalea turns red, "Of course I am Dadda," she says, batting her eyelashes.

Daddy's girl.

Alessio smiles triumphantly and sits down beside his siblings, "Good," he nods his head.

Luca grunts as he sits down next to me, putting an arm around me as I lean into him. He presses a soft kiss onto my forehead and I smile as we watch our children playing together, using the flower as a sword as they laugh together.

"We've made it amore," he whispers, looking on at his children affectionately, and I hum in response. "We have, haven't we?" I say softly, feeling as if my life is whole. I close my eyes as Luca traces hearts on my thigh, a silent comfort that he's still here.

I don't even recognise myself anymore. I'm not the same person I once was. Then again I suppose that goes without saying; back then I was Adelyn Laurent, daughter of André Laurent. Now I'm Adelyn De Santis, Queen of the Italian-French Mafia. I'm a wife to the man I love, and the mother of 3 children.

I'm happy, and surrounded by those who love me each and every day.

I've made it, I've created the life I've always wanted, I'm finally home.