CHAPTER 43

I push around the food on my plate, I'm all alone. Luca left hours ago to go take care of his 'business' and I still haven't heard back from him. Then Val and Carlos left, they couldn't tell me why but they said that it was important, so how I'm in a foreign country, staying in a strange hotel with no means of protection.

Fucking great.

I hear a knock on the door and rush over, praying to whoever will listen that it's Luca. I swing the door open and feel my smile immediately vanish, my stomach dropping as my body begins to shake.

Anton.

"Hello, wife," he snarls, his smile sending shivers down my back as he takes a step closer to me.

I let out a nervous laugh, "Wife?" I repeat, too stunned by his ignorance to say anything else,
"Well that's what you are, aren't you? My wife?" he asks, his eyes round in fake sympathy as he takes another step towards me,
"You're out of your mind, and in case you haven't noticed yet, I'm Luca's wife, so I suggest you fuck off before he gets back and deals with you himself," I snap, my fear turning into anger as I plant my feet on the ground, not letting him push me back anymore.

"Oh my little deer, you haven't heard yet?" he asks, putting a hand on his non-existent heart, "He's divorced you,"

I freeze on the spot, my heart shattering as my stomach drops, a sickness developing as I feel faint. "That's bullshit," I laugh, the confidence on his face scaring me. "See for yourself sweetheart," he says, his drawling voice elongating the word 'sweetheart'. To my surprise he takes out a rolled up bundle of papers from his back pocket, handing them to me. I unroll them and flick through them, I feel my stomach lurch once more as I see they're divorce papers, and I'm shocked to see Luca's signature on all of them. "I don't believe he'd sign these," I whisper, my voice hoarse, to which Anton takes out his phone and plays me security footage, footage of Luca sitting at a table and willingly signing the divorce papers.

I can't tear my eyes away from the video replaying Luca signing the documents, my eyes glued to the hideous sight. The sight of the man who promised me he'd never leave me, sign papers to get rid of me forever. The sight of the man I thought I was falling in love with, sign papers to cast me away without so much as a second thought.

"But, I don't understand," I say in a small voice, "He said he'd never leave me," my voice trails off as I realise who I'm talking to. "I don't understand either my little deer, who would ever divorce a pretty little thing like you," Anton whispers, his tone inviting as he brings his hand up to tilt my chin up to meet his face. "And now you're all mine, our wedding is in two day," he smirks, his cold fingers somehow burning my chin.

"No," I shake my head, my chest rising and falling in sheer panic, "I'm not marrying you,"

"Too late my little deer," he tsks, "Your Father already consented, you don't even have to sign any papers, he signed them on your behalf,"

"He can't do that, that's illegal," I say, my sentence coming out in a panicked, incoherent string of words, to which Anton laughs, not letting go of my chin, "Welcome to the Mafia my little deer, we don't give a shit about the legality of anything," he whispers against my ear, his breath hitting my neck. I try to move away from him but my body is stuck, it won't do as I say. It won't fucking move.

"In two days, you are mine. Your body, your mind, your soul, all fucking mine," he snarls, his eyes raking down my body, leaving a trail of burning fire wherever his eyes linger. "My men will be up to get you soon, you're staying with me until the wedding, then we're moving to Russia," he informs me, taking a step back and dropping my chin.

He goes to turn away but stops in his tracks, "If you try to escape, I will kill your precious little Mother and Aunt, they're both showing up to our wedding, regardless of whether you're there or not, and if you don't do as I say, you can say goodbye to them forever," he flashes me a sick smile before walking away, two large guards walking towards me, appearing out of no where. They take me by my arms and roughly walk me down the hotel stairs and into a black car with tinted windows.

No one will know I'm inside.

They push me in and slam the doors shut, getting into the front and beginning the drive to god knows where.

I curl up in my seat and look through the divorce documents again, with every time I see Luca's signature agreeing to divorce me sending fresh tears down my face. How could he do this? I don't understand. He promised me he'd never leave, that it would be me and him forever, and he's broken his promise. He broke my promise and then broke my heart in the process.

A sob rips through me as my tears sink into the papers, smudging the ink on the wretched documents. I know Anton will have other copies of these so I tear them up. As I continue to cry in the back of the car I rip up the god forsaken documents into shreds. Destroying any evidence of Luca's betrayal of me.

I bring my knees up to my chest and bury my face in them, not wanting Anton's men to see me crying my fucking eyes out. I cry until no more tears come out, the bumpy road only making things worse as my head bumps against my harsh knees. I don't even notice the car coming to a stop until my door is rudely swung open, with one of the guards roughly pulling me out of the car.

"Women are so fucking dramatic," the guard mumbles, "Such mothefucking pussies,"

I glare up at him and scowl, bringing my knee up as hard as I can where the sun don't shine, causing him to clutch his dick as he groans, "Fucking bitch," he snarls, bringing his hand around and hitting my cheek.

"Hands off her," I suddenly hear Anton's voice, coming sharply from the front door. I see him walking over as he stares daggers at the guards, "No one touches her in that way except for me, I thought I made that clear," he barks.
The guard looks sheepishly at Anton, "She kneed me first, I was only retaliating," he grumbles. Anton looks at me and smirks, "I like it when they fight, makes it hotter," he snarls, licking his lips as he looks me up and down. Eye-raping me as Ophelia calls it.

I keep eye-contact with them as he continues walking towards me, once again clutching my chin with his cruel fingers, "You're feistier than any of my other girls, I like that," he whispers, "And that's why I'm choosing to marry you and not them, you should be honoured," he grits out, as if challenging me to disagree. "Fuck you," I spit, "I will never act as your wife and I will never stop hating you," I make the same promise to Anton that I made to Luca all those months ago. The only difference being the fact that I intend to keep this one.

"Get her inside, I don't want to see her again until the wedding," Anton growls, letting go of my chin as he turns to walk back inside. The guard once again takes hold of my arm and half drags, half leads me inside and down a corridor, pulling me upstairs and down another corridor, pushing me into a room and slamming the door behind me, locking it before I have the chance to realise what's happening.

I sink down the door and sit down, curling up in a ball as I look around the desolate room, a single King-Sized bed up against a wall, a walk-in-robe and a small bathroom attached. Nothing personal, nothing homely. Another sob escapes my lips as I feel more isolated than I ever have before.

I bring my knees up against my chest as tight as I can, rocking myself back and forth as I cry, crying uncontrollably as the reality of this situation sinks in. I let out a scream as more sobs escape my mouth, cry after cry as I start hyperventilating, my breathing becoming more and more rapid as I cry heavier.

I need Luca, I fucking need him to come save me, to rescue me from Anton like he did last time, except this time he's the reason I'm here in the first place. He handed me over to Anton, willingly pushing me away and into the hands of one of the most dangerous men in the world.

I look up at the ceiling as my tears continue to fall, ugly sobs coming out as I gasp for breath, "Luca," I cry, knowing he can't hear me, "Why did you fucking do this?"

//

Ngl I made myself almost cry with this, my heart hurts so much for my poor baby and I wrote it 😭

Anyways, I'll be posting again tomorrow, and it'll be Adelyn and Anton's wedding so that'll be interesting to say the least,

Until then though, have a good day/night and don't be a quiet reader!!

Abi <3