CHAPTER 7

"Shit she has a strong arm," Carlos says, looking at the mark on my cheek.

I'm honestly impressed.

Yeah well no one asked you.

Bitch I am you.

"I'm supposed to be meeting with both our families at 3 o'clock and I have a fucking hand print on my face," I groan.

Carlos laughs at me and I glare at him, which only makes me laugh harder. "It's so hard to take you seriously with a hand on your face," he says between laughter, tears rolling down his face now.

I shove him off my desk where he was sitting and he falls onto the ground with a thud.

"What are you gonna say when they ask you what happened?" he asks, his voice trembling as he tries to stop laughing.

I shrug. "That's gonna be fun," he sighs, wiping away the tears on his face.

He stretches out in the ground and closes his eyes, "I wish I could be there to see how it'll all go down," he opens one eye and looks at me.

I scowl at him, "I'm glad you're not going to be there,"

He closes his eye and stretches again, pulling his shirt up. My eyes almost fall out of my head when I see a hickey just above the waistline of his pants.

"What the hell did you do last night? Or more so who did you do last night?" I ask in disbelief.

He smiles at me and puts his hands behind his head, "Guess," he says.

"I'm not guessing who you fucked last night Carlos," I say bluntly.

"Wow you're no fun, I'm not going to tell you now," Carlos says, sounding like a sulky child.

Suddenly my office door is flung open and Val points dramatically at Carlos, "You fucked Ophelia?"

"Really? My fiancés cousin?" I say unimpressed

Carlos smirks and looks at me, "Yep,"

"God you are unbelievable," I say, "You know you are her are gonna have to walk into the wedding reception together and sit together right? You better not be awkward and make a scene"

"Lukie calm down," Carlos says, sounding annoyed as he stands up.

I raise my eyebrow at him, surprised at his tone.

"It was a one time thing ok?" he says, taking his motorbike helmet and walking out the door.

"Where are you going?" I call after him. Surprised at this sudden change in mood.

"Riding," he shouts back, and I hear his footsteps going down our stairs.

"Your bike or Ophelia?" Val calls out to him,

"Fuck off Valentina!" Carlos shouts, and I hear the front door slam.

I laugh and she glares at me.

"Why is everyone so pissy today?" I ask in confusion

"Because you're a dick." Val deadpans, "And you deserve that hand print on your face. It makes you look as stupid as you are," she tells me off and I roll my eyes at her big sister act.

"Well that's all I came here for. Have fun at your meeting baby brother," she says in a sing-song voice, winking at me as she closes my door behind her.

I lean back in my chair and let out a sigh.

That was too much information to process at once.