CHAPTER 24

"You know I can drive myself to work right?" I ask Luca, giving him an unimpressed look.

"I know," he replies, buttoning up his shirt in the mirror, "But this way I get to spend more time with you,"

I try to hide the growing smile on my face but he catches me and narrows his eyes, "What?" he asks suspiciously.

"It's funny to think about how you're the leader of a Mafia but also the worlds biggest softie," I laugh, watching the now annoyed look on his face.

I go over to him and wrap my arms around him, "I'm not saying it's a bad thing," I explain, "It's just an observation,"

He hums in agreement, still not amused but he hugs me back, "Can you button the rest of my top up? I can't be bothered," he asks, winking at me.

I roll my eyes, earning a pinch on my hip as I start buttoning up his black dress top. I swiftly make my way up to the top two buttons which I choose to leave undone before placing my hands in his chest and leaning up to give him a small kiss. "All done," I say cheerily, and he squeezes my ass cheeks, "Thanks baby," he murmurs, kissing my neck.

Fucking fuck I hate how good this feels. How good he makes me feel. But I've stopped fighting it, there's no point anyway.

"No hickeys before work," I scold him, gently pushing his face out of my neck.

"Meanie," he pouts, squeezing my ass again. God he is obsessed with my ass.

Can't even blame him.

I take his hand and pull him downstairs, "I can't be late to work,"

He laughs and opens the car door for me, "I know princess, don't worry," he leans in and kisses me before closing the door.

We soon arrive at my café and I get out and unlock the door. I say goodbye to Luca before getting everything ready for the day.

———

"Bye babes," Belle waves to me, the last to leave as she flips the sign on the door to 'Closed'.

"See you tomorrow," I wave back, blowing her a kiss as she closes the door behind her.

My phone pings and I smile when I see Luca's name.

Luca (husband)

Luca (husband): I'll be there in 15 minutes mi amour

Me: Okk

Luca (husband): Try not to miss me too much ;)

Me: I think I'll survive

Luca (husband): If you insist

I roll my eyes and put my phone down, crouching down to put all the cash into the safe.

I suddenly hear the door bell ring and I internally groan, some customers can be exhausting. "We're closed," I call out, not bothering to look up.

I feel my body stiffen when I hear heavy footsteps walk towards me. "I said, we're closed," I say in a firmer voice, this time standing up to face whoever this asshole is.

I feel my stomach drop when I see two large men dressed in black walking towards me.

I fumble underneath the till for the gun Luca made me keep but one of the men pulls a gun out first and points it at my head.