CHAPTER 36

I open the front door to find a grinning Ophelia, only to be immediately tackled to the ground in the hug. She jumps up on me, sending us both to the hard ground, Lia still not letting go of me as we roll on the floor.

"I've missed you," she laughs, finally getting up, her eyes shining as she pulls me back up to my feet. "I missed you too Lia," I smile, pulling her in for another hug. Lia squeals as she jumps up and down like a child, "We have so much to catch up on," she tells me, giving me a knowing wink. "I can't wait," I laugh taking her hand to walk her up to her room. Lia's smile falters as her eyes land on Carlos, him offering her a sad smile, "Hey Fia," he says in a gentle voice, "Carlos," is all she replies with, sounding unsure of what to say.

I make eye contact with Luca to do something and luckily he manages to read the room and saves the situation, "Carlos how about we make dinner whilst the girls settle in, then we have time afterwards to do something," he suggests, putting a hand on his best friends shoulder to pull him away. Carlos nods and I don't miss the regret in his eyes as he looks away from Lia to follow Luca into the kitchen.

I turn to Lia and glare at her, "I need to be filled in right fucking now, what the hell was that about?" I ask, sounding more accusatory than I would have liked to. Lia sighs and rests a heavy head on my shoulder, "It's complicated," she manages to get out, "Well we have plenty of time to discuss," I smile, slipping my arm through Lia's as we walk up the giant staircase and into the guest bedroom allocated for my cousin.

Lia lets out a small squeal of excitement as we're greeted at the top of the stairs by Duchess, who comes flying down to meet us. "Hello my little niece," Lia coos, hugging the purring cat to her body. Duchess meows and puts a paw on Lia's lips to stop the kisses which are attacking her tiny face. I laugh and continue to lead Lia to her room, "She's missed you," I say almost regretfully, a pang of homesicknesses suddenly hitting me. Lia leans over and kisses my cheek, "You seem happy," she smiles at me. "Happier now that you're here," I grin, at which she rolls her blue eyes, "Fuck, you're cheesy Lyn," she teases, and I roughly push her onto the bed, "Don't fucking call me that it's disgusting," I say, trying to stay angry but the look on her face makes the corners of my mouth tilt up.

She reaches out her arms and makes grabby hands at me, "Don't be so mean to your amazing cousin," she pouts, and I roll my eyes as I lay down and hug her. "I don't feel like being touched right now," Lia says suddenly, gently pushing me away and getting off her bed, "Tell me everything you have and then I'll update you about everything," she says decidedly, "And in the mean time I'm going to hang all my shit up," she huffs, unzipping her massive suitcase.

"I mean I got kidnapped but you already know that, but that was definitely an experience, not one that I'd recommend though," I laugh at how funny I am but Lia looks up at me with fire in her eyes, "Don't joke about that," she snaps, looking scared for perhaps the first time in her life. "Calm down it's fine now. Besides, it turned out good because afterwards me and Luca had a little moment and he saw my scars and was fine with them," I rapidly explain, not fully understanding what's happening with my cousin today.

She nods and goes back to unpacking, "And we had sex," I blurt out, causing Lia to immediately look up at me. "I knew it! I knew you guys had had sex! I had a feeling in my gut and it was right!" she laughs triumphantly, "How could you possibly have a feeling about that?" I ask, glaring at her with fake anger. Lia simply shrugs and starts taking out her dresses, "I could just tell that my cousin had gotten fucked, call it a sisterly-like instinct," she winks at me, "And Carlos told me after Luca told him," she adds with a slight blush in her cheeks.

I gasp and sit up, "CARLOS? Told you?" I almost shout in disbelief, to which Lia gives me an unsure smile and looks down at her hands. "Yeah we've caught up a few times," she mumbles, playing with the straps of a summer dress. "Then what's with all the awkward tension between you guys?" I ask suspiciously. Lia sighs and looks up at me, "It's a long story," she says sadly, a tired look settling in her eyes. I hum and lie down on my stomach, resting my chin in my arms, "I have time," I smile and she smiles back, setting down the clothes as she gets comfortable on the floor.