CHAPTER 55

I smile as I look at my reflection in the mirror, adjusting the sleeves on my dress.

Is it over the top? Probably. But what's the fun in boring dresses?

Her dress:

I raise my eyes from my dress and see Luca smiling at me through the mirror, "Pretty girl," he says softly, walking over to hug me from behind

I raise my eyes from my dress and see Luca smiling at me through the mirror, "Pretty girl," he says softly, walking over to hug me from behind. He presses small kisses into my cheek as his arms stay tightly wrapped around me.

"You're crinkling my dress," I laugh, trying to wriggle out of his grip.

"Suck it up buttercup," he teases, finally letting me go as he spins me around.

I should not have said that to him yesterday, because now he won't stop saying it to me.

"You ready to go?" he asks, his eyes filled with adoration as he looks at me. I nod and he placed a reassuring arm around me, resting his hand in the curve of my waist as we walk out of the hotel.

The restaurant is apparently only a few minutes walk from the hotel so we don't bother driving.

We soon make it to the restaurant, and I feel my heart melt at the sight of it. It's not a usual big, fancy restaurant; it's smaller, well lit as it buzzes with activity.

The fairy lights lighting up the entrance, enchanting it as heavenly smells fill the street.

"It's so pretty," I whisper, hugging Luca's arm as he chuckles at my reaction. "I'm so glad you like it," he breathes out, kissing me as we walk up to a table.

"I reserved a table outside, I figured you'd prefer it," he tells me, pulling out a chair for me. I sit down and he pushes it into the table, walking around to his own seat.

He takes out a menu and passes it to me, giving me time to assess my options as he looks for himself.

A young girl walks up to us with a pen and notepad in hand, a tired smile plastered onto her face.

"Are two ready to order?" she asks, her gaze flickering between the two of us, landing on me as I speak.

"We'll have a bottle of red wine, one Coq au vin and one Steak Frites please," I smile, my accent popping as I order what Mama and I would get whenever we'd do out to dinner when I was a child.

"Of course, it should be out soon," the girl smiles, collecting our menus as she walks away.

"So you like my choice of restaurant?" Luca asks, his eyes sparkling as he grins at me. "My favourite so far," I laugh.

"I'm glad," he smiles, his eyes darting around my face as he fiddles with the rings on his fingers.

"Why are you so nervous?" I ask, confused at the changed demeanour of him.

"I'm not?" he says, too quickly as his hands break away from each other.

I narrow my eyes at him, "Am I making you nervous Luca?" I tease him, causing him to slightly blush, "Always tesoro," he chuckles.