'our' burden to cary

(I apologies for the late update i had SATs so i was feeling pretty exhausted the whole week anywho enjoy 😂 👁️👁️*+)

Tighnari POV:

"-Annnd the compound that makes up those two is a mix of- hey are you even listening?," Faruzan complains crossing her arms.

"H-huh?"

"Relax Faruzan he's probably still worried about cyno, so go easy on him ok?," Albedo butts in resting a hand on her shoulder.

"Hmph! Alright I'll let it slide this time, but only because I like you two youngsters."

Albedo playfully rolls his eyes before turning to me, "he still hasn't texted back?," He asked resting his chin in my shoulder as he looks over at my phone.

"*Sigh* he did but he said he wasn't going to be able to make it today- again-...and he won't tell me why! All he keeps replying with is 'dont worry I'm fine', but I don't buy any of it!," I reply as i rest my forehead against the table.

"Hm...maybe he's caught a cold or something? That might be an explanation for his sudden absence," Albedo shrugs.

"You do make a good point- but still, it doesn't explain why he won't tell me if that's actually the case or not-," I sigh.

"Well you can be a bit of a worry wart when it comes to him, so maybe he doesn't want to trouble you,...have you tried calling him?"

"Mmh...no- but i doubt he'll pick up-," I reply my ears laying flat against my head.

"Well we'll never know unless we try," albedo responds handing me my phone with a small smile.

"Albedo c'mon the club meeting's about to start!," Sucrose calls out.

"Oh right, I'll be right there in just a sec!," He calls back,"Well i need to get going, text me if anything happens k?"

"Alright cya later-"

"Cya," He gives me a small wave before leaving inside with the rest of the alchemy club.

I let out a heavy sigh as I look back at my phone. I hesitate for a second before finally pressing the call button.

Cmon cyno please pick up....

I sit in silence, biting my lip as i hear the phone ring once....twice...and-

"Hello?"

I feel my heart jump straight out of my chest as my ears pick up the sound of his voice.

"C-Cyno?"

"Yea? Whats up love? Are you alright?,"he asked, his voice softening.

"Oh uh yea- yea- everything's alright it's just well- i didn't expect you to actually pick up- heh-"

"Now why wouldn't I? If theres ever a chance of me hearing your voice throughout the day, I'd gladly take that opportunity without any hesitation, you know that," he replies letting out a soft chuckle causing my cheeks to go red.

"Y-you!-"

He lets out another laugh out of amusement which pretty much brought me all the comfort I needed.

"Anyways, what's up? Is there any particular reason why you called?"

"Huh?- Oh! Yea- um... Well not really its just- *sigh*, Ive really missed you these past couple days and I just well- was kinda hoping to see you today-"

"Oh- I apologize for that nari it's just - *sigh* it's been a rough couple days as of late and I just needed some time to recover my energy- but tell you what, how about after school I come over to your place and we can watch a movie together, what do you say?"