absence

Tighnari POV:

(So coincidence yesterday i actually hurt my fucking wrist while moving a box of dumbbells around 😭😭 im suffering but the show must go on!)

I think we can all agree that yesterday was absolute shit. When i got home the other day i had to lie to my mom about the whole wrist situation and than trying to sleep with it was another addition to my list of problems. I lay on my bed with my pillow on my face trying to forget about everything. I suddenly am reminded of cyno's little stunts causing me to scream into my pillow in frustration, I than hear the door to my room slam open which caused me to jolt up from my bed.

"Shut up nari i can hear your screaming all the way from my room!," Collei yells as she throws her Cuilein-Anbar at me.

"Ah!- sorry collei- heh-"

"Its about him again isn't it?," She says leaning against the door frame.

"Was it that obvious?," I say sitting up on my bed.

"Well he's the only reason why you've been screaming so much lately so i kinda figured," she smiles, "but hey you're in luck you won't have to go to school because of your wrist so at least thank him for that."

I groan, "im not thanking him for anything- absolutely not! He's nothing but a pain in my ass, im just glad i wont have to see his stupid face for a while," i get up from my bed and stretch.

"If ya say soooo, anyways after i come back from school can we go to the grocery store mom will be late due to work and won't be able to make dinner tonight."

"Is she working overtime again?"

"Yup- she said it was to 'get a little more money'," collei says in slight guilt.

I sigh as i tie my hair up, "I told her, she doesn't need to overwork herself, ill find a job as soon as im done with highschool and than she wont have to work so much or worry about the expenses."

"You know mom, she doesn't want to add onto your 'troubles'," collei says as she sits on my bed.

"That's the thing, its no problem at all! When she was my age she was already taking care of her parents! Why can't i do the same for her! Dad's not here anymore it's just us now she shouldn't have to carry so much on her shoulders, especially when she has me to help her! I...i just want to be useful for once....," I feel my lip quiver as a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Tighnari...you're crying..."

"Huh-," i sniff and quickly wipe my tears away, "ehem... anyways um lets get going ill drop you off-...."

I suddenly feel a pair of arms wrap around me, "don't stress yourself too much either alright...i dont want to have to scold you too...," I feel my ears lay flat against my head as my eyes begin to sting once more. She's right, if i wanna help her and my mother I'll need to calm my head too. Its for them not me.

•      •      •      •

I drop collei off at her school and head back home, well not actually. I head towards the school building carrying a binder full of cyno's assignments.

"Hello may i speak to Ms. Yae? I need to turn in something to her," i ask the office lady, Ms. kujou.

"Alright, and you're tighnari correct?," She asks typing something into her computer.

"Yes i am," i say awkwardly looking around the room.

"She'll come down here in a few, apologies if your in a rush."