a turn for the better?

Tighnari POV:

The rain fell heavy on the week of her burial....

As if the sky itself mourned her passing...

Everyone had already gone home because of it, the only one left at her grave stone was him...

I watched from afar as he knelt beside it resting a hand on the smooth marble not saying a word.

I knew he wasn't ready to go....but i couldn't allow him to get sick either....

I let out a heavy sigh as I hesitantly walk over to him with my umbrella and hold it over his head.

"Cyno...we....we need to go, the rain's getting pretty heavy and I don't want you catching a cold...," I announce quietly.

No response...

I knelt down beside him, still holding the umbrella above us and said nothing more.

I knew consoling words wouldn't be of any use...

It can't bring her back after all... it'll only make him feel worse...

And repeatedly hearing that same phrase, 'im sorry for your loss', isn't what he needs to hear at the moment...

I rest my head on his shoulder trying to let him know im here without saying a word.

I could feel his pulse begin to relax itself as he snapped out of his trance.

It was silent for a while until I heard a familiar voice call out to us from a distance.

"Cyno! Tighnari! Lets go you're both gonna get soaked!," I turn and see Candace, cyno's cousin, calling out to us from the window of her camero, motioning us to come over.

"We'll be right there!," I call out as i stand back up, "c'mon cyno, Candace is here..."

I watch him nod before getting up and heading towards the car not saying a word.

"C-cyno wait up!," I say as i rush after him.

We both get into the car and instead of sitting next to me he sat on the passenger seat besides candace.

"Why aren't you with-," Candace started but was cut off by cyno.

"Just go-"

She lets out a heavy sigh and begins to drive off back to his house.

The drive there was silent, not a single word was spoken.

Only the sound of the rain hitting against the windshield could be heard amidst the silence.

I look out the window, glancing over at cyno every now and then.

His suit was practically drenched, and his pony tail was almost completely undone. I couldn't help but wonder what was going through his mind at the moment, but judging by how puffy his eyes were, he was in no position to start any conversation of the sort.

I let out a heavy sigh as i turned back to the window, my ears laying flat against my head.

What can i do to help him... I feel so useless right now!

I bite my lip as i feel tears begin to roll down my cheeks.

dammit..

• • • •

"I think that's everything," Candace announces as she places a box into the back of her trunk, "thanks for offering to help me move cyno's stuff out of this wreck," she continues giving me a warm smile.