home hasn't felt like home...

(⚠️ warning: slight mentions of blood, death, self harm, suicide, abuse, underaged consumption of tobacco, and homophobia if you are uncomfortable by any of these topics please don't continue reading on ⚠️)

Cyno POV:

I was only 7 when i lost my parents...

My parents promised me that day, that they would bring me my favorite treats, candied ajilenakh nuts. But after they left....i never saw them again...alive that is...

There was an accident on their way back...they were just a few kilometers away from reaching our home...but they never made it...they got stuck in the middle of a gunfight between a couple thugs....they were caught in the range of fire and....They were shot to death...

After their funeral, no one from my family wanted to take me in...they either already had children or didnt care enough to want to take care of me...

I had no hope, all i could do was cry...it hurt...it hurt a lot...just knowing that i was alone, that my own 'family' would leave me here to rot, it felt like knives going through my back... stabbing through my heart...

However...i was lucky that day...my grandmother...the only one with compassion...took me in...she welcomed me into her life with open arms...i owe everything to her... she's like my second mother...

But...good things never come without consequences... nothing comes to you so easily...

Although my grandmother loved me to pieces....my grandfather however...hated me...

The reason for this...it was obvious...i wasn't my mother's biological son...

My father was left with me after my biological mother passed away after giving birth to me...he hated the fact that i wasnt her's....he hated that i didn't have their blood running through my veins...

All he saw when he looked at me was a mistake...the 'biggest mistake' his daughter ever took in...

And he loved reminding me...that he wouldn't see me in any other way... and i was getting sick of it...

××××

(Time skip 11 years ago)

"Be careful where you step sweetie, the floor becomes really slippery after it rains," she said to me in a gentle voice.

"Okay..."

She gives me a warm smile as she takes my hand and leads me towards the front door.

"Farah, I still don't understand why you agreed to take this-, this RAT in!?," My grandfather said in protest as he opened the door.

"Ahmad...he's our daughters son...how could you call him th-"

"HE'S NOT HER CHILD, HE'S NOT 'OUR' GRANDCHILD!," He yells.

"AHMAD STOP BEING UNREASONABLE! YES, HE'S NOT HER BIOLOGICAL SON, BUT THATS NO EXCUSE TO TREAT HIM THAT WAY! WHY ARE YOU BEING SO HEARTLESS TOWARDS A CHILD!," my grandmother yelled holding me close.

Is this my fault...are they fighting because of me?...

"Grandpa...do you hate me-"

I suddenly feel a hand slap across my face causing me to fall over, "Dont EVER, AND I MEAN NEVER!, call me that! Got it!," I feel my eyes begin to sting as my grandmother kneels down beside me enraged.

"You're heartless..."

"Tsk...im not...i just don't show affection to trash picked up off the streets...," He opens the front door, walks in and slams it closed.