treated like a child

(⚠️ WARNING ⚠️: This chapter contains fighting and acts of violence, it will start and end as always once you see ∆∆∆∆)

Cyno pov:

The next morning had come rather quickly, but so far, the day had been moving along way too slow for my comfort-

I place my grandfather's breakfast on the table as always with a cup of coffee on the side, before heading into my grandmother's room.

"Grandma? Are you awake?..," i whisper as i slowly open her room door.

"Oh hey sweetie, *cough* yes I'm awake, is there something the matter?," She asks, giving me a weak smile.

I shake my head,"no grandma there's nothing wrong, I just came to give you you breakfast," I reply, setting down the plate of biryani on the bed side table.

"Ah, thank you dear...."

She takes a small spoonful of the biryani as i take a seat beside her. As she holds up the spoon to her lips her hand shakes and the spoon falls to the ground.

"Oh dear-...," She exclaims sounding audibly upset.

"Grandma are you alright?! You didn't burn your hand did you?"

"No no....Im alright child... I just...*sigh* seems like these old hands of mine don't work how they use to...," She replies sounding defeated.

"It's alright grandma... don't.... Don't overdo it... I'm here to help you remember?," I respond trying to sound as reassuring as I can.

"Thank you dear..., Oh! By the way I've been meaning to ask you something for a while now."

"What's up?," I ask as i feed her a spoonful of the biryani.

"I noticed that you were looking at some job applications on your phone a few days ago, you're not thinking about working again are you?," She asks sounding concerned.

I let out a small sigh, resting my hand over her's, "In order to continue paying for your medicine I need to work... Besides.. it'll benefit both me and grandpa... He won't have to see me and I won't have to deal with him nagging at me all day, it's a win win if you ask me..."

" I know but... You're still a child... You don't need to work yourself to the bone again just to buy me my medicines... you're still so young, you still have so much more ahead of you...I've already lived my life...and now all I'm asking of you is for you to go live your out yours...especially now that you have tighnari in your life..., " She replies with a small strain in her voice.

"I-...," I stammer, struggle to make up any words as I look down at my hands.

"I've seen how happy he makes you...and just seeing you happy is the best medicine anyone could ever give me...," She replies, moving my head to face her.

I watch as her eyes become glossy from tears which were just erging to escape.

"But...what if I can't make him happy...h-he still doesn't know anything about me..."

"Cyno..."

"I know I know i promised...but...i just can't...I dont want to add on my baggage onto him..he already goes through enough as it is i do-"

"And you're not?"

"Huh...?"

"Cyno...sweetie...a couple gets through obstacles together...its not just one person taking the bullets for the other... I'm sure that if tighnari was going through something rough in his life you'd want to be there for him...am i right?"