Mixed Emotions

Ian's POV:
I lie awake in the hospital. How did I get here? I stand up, but the room starts to spin, and my ankle gives out, so I sit back down. I strain my neck and look in the mirror, black soot covers my face. I lick my fingers and rub it off. The door opens and a distraught looking Anthony walks in, soon followed by Lasercorn.
"Why am I here?" I ask confused.
"Erm..." Anthony glances at Lasercorn who shifts uncomfortably.
"Well?"
"There was a fire, at HQ."
"What?" My eyes frantically switch between them. "Was anybody hurt?"
"Well, your ankle has been badly sprained so you are going to have to use crutches for a bit. And doctors said your asthma is going to be a lot worse."
Anthony sits on the end of my bed.
"The firefighters who saved you said you are lucky to be alive. If one of the desks hadn't fallen on you... Well, you could be in a worse state." Lasercorn says.
I look at Anthony who seems to be in another world.
"Hey, dude. What's wrong?" I ask Anthony.
"Nothing... I'm... I'm just glad you're okay!" He smiles at me.
"Right, I'm going to leave you guys and phone Mari and Sohinki. Anthony, can you show me where the phone is." Lasercorn looks at Anthony.
"I'll come, I want to try out these crutches." I smile at them eagerly.
Anthony helps me up and passes me the crutches. I slip my arms through the holes and stand up. The room melts to the side.
"You okay? You're really pale." Anthony holds my shoulders.
"Yep. Fine. It's just a bit painful."
I stand up straight and hop out the door. We walk into the waiting room and nurses stare at us.
"Mr Hecox, you can't just walk out of your room whenever you feel like it."
"He's going to phone his momma." Anthony pouts at the nurse.
"Fine, ten minutes." The nurse tuts and walks away.
We eventually reach a phone and Lasercorn calls Mari. They spend a long time on the phone and he then calls Eleanor. As I shift my weight one of the crutches slips. I fall to the ground and Anthony reaches out to catch me. He grips my arm and we walk back to the ward. I see Anthony look at the waiting room and he goes pale. A tall girl walks up Anthony, grabs his face and pulls him harshly into a kiss. I gasp and Anthony pushes her away.
"That's for leaving Ian and saving me." Smirks the girl.
Something in her expression reminds me of someone. Then I realise it's Kalel.
"Wait, what?" I glare at Anthony, my mouth and eyes wide.
"Oh, Ian doesn't know?" Kalel innocently comments.
"Anthony, tell me! Please!" I stare at him.
"Well, I came up to save you ..."
"Did you, Anthony? Really?" Kalel stares at Anthony.
"Kalel?" I ask Anthony.
"I didn't know it was her!"
Kalel looks at her phone.
"Well, gotta go. Thanks for saving me... Babe." She smirks at Anthony and walks off.
We watch her leave and when I can't see her anymore I glare at Anthony.
"Care to explain?"

I hop back to the room with Anthony trailing behind me. I sit on the bed and stare at Anthony who hangs uncomfortably in the doorway.
"I didn't know it was Kalel, I swear." He looks down at the floor.
I don't want to fall out.
"So, if you had known you would have left her?"
"Yes! I'd do anything to save you. She told me her leg was broken and I had to help her downstairs. When I got out I was going to go straight back in to save you. I swear." He looks at me through his eyelashes and something in his expression makes me believe him.
"Come here!" I open my arms and hug him tightly. "I would have done the same." I whisper in his ear.

Lasercorn shakes my shoulder to wake me up. I open my eyes and look over at Anthony, who has his arms wrapped tightly around me.
"Dude, the police want to ask you some questions." Lasercorn casually says like the police want to talk to me everyday.
He leaves the room and I turn around to wake up Anthony.
"The police want to talk." He looks at me confused as he moves to the end of the bed.
Lasercorn walks back in with two police officers.
"Mr Hecox, before the nurses discharge you I wanted to ask you some questions."
I sit up.
"Sure."
"I want you to watch this CCTV and try to identify the person."
He passes me an iPad and Anthony and I watch the black and white screen. I stop at a girl running and I pause the video. I zoom in on her face.
"Mr Hecox, are you ok? Can you tell us who it is?"
I gulp and stare at Anthony who looks horrified.
"It's ... it's Kalel Cullen."