The Dream (Part 2)

Anthony's POV...
Rubbing my eyes, I wake up and search for Ian only to find his side of the bed cold. He must have been up a while. I glance at the clock to see its only six in the morning. Where is he? He never gets up early. I sit up and notice a shadow whimpering in the corner of Ian's room.
"Ian, is that you?" I ask into the dark abyss.
All I hear from him is whimpering. I climb out of bed, turning the light on as I slowly step towards him.
"Ian, what's the matter?"
His blue eyes shine in the light and I can tell he's been crying. I sit next to him, cradling him in my arms like a baby.
"What's wrong?" I question Ian, wiping the small tears from his fragile face.
He just stares ahead and takes a shallow breath.
"Just a dream."
I smooth down his bed head and look him in the eyes.
"Tell me about it." I whisper in his ear.
I keep hold of Ian's hand and I get up, leading him to the bed. We snuggle back under the covers and I listen to him carefully.
"Well, I was in the front room. Kalel ran in with a knife and grabbed me by the throat. She took me by surprise, so I couldn't do anything, and she had an iron grip." Ian starts to get upset about it, so I just nod and let him carry on. "I tried to shout for you, but she was strangling me, so I was more gasping for air then shouting. I heard you shout my name as you ran into the room. She threatened you and started to dig the knife into my throat, you took another step forward and she plunged the knife into me and ran off. I fell to the ground and the last thing I saw was your beautiful face splattered with blood." He looks at me and tears start melting out his eyes.
"It's ok, Ian, it's not real-"
He cuts me off before I can comfort him more.
"But what if it really does happen?" He looks up frantically, a wild look in his sky-blue eyes.
"It won't. I promise." I kiss him on the lips and pull him closer to me. "Get some more sleep, you must have been up ages."
As I start to get up, he violently pulls me back down.
"No! Please stay with me! Don't go!"
I stare at him with deep sorrow and burrow further down into the bed, holding him tight.
"I will never let anyone hurt you." I promise him as he slowly falls into a peaceful sleep.