Pretending

Ian's POV...
I wriggle further under the safety of the covers, pretending to fall asleep. I don't want to have another nightmare; not with Anthony awake and next to me. I have been doing a lot of pretending recently. Pretending I am fine. Pretending I'm not having nightmares every night. Pretending I'm not scared of Kalel. This makes me feel like such a pussy and I don't want Anthony to see how scared I really am. Some of out beloved fans have started to notice the dark bags forming under my eyes. They are drawing attention to my low mood by commenting about it on our videos; saying things like 'has anyone else noticed how Ian seems different?'. When Anthony reads them he's surely going to question me. Maybe its time to tell him what's going on inside my head. I don't want to build a relationship based on a bridge of lies; like Kalel and Anthony's relationship was.

Anthony quietly lifts the covers, so I snap my eyes shut; hoping he won't investigate further. I start making small snoring noises to make it seem like I am really asleep, but they just alert him that I am actually awake.
"Ian, please stop. You sound like a constipated pig." He chuckles whilst making pig noises.
He ruffles my hair, which annoys me, and he knows it. I bat his hands away.
"I know you're fake sleeping." He says, lifting the covers and smiling his cheeky grin. "You can't kid a kidder."
I slowly emerge from the covers and stare at him as the atmosphere in my room starts to turn serious.
"What's wrong, buddy?" He cocks his head to one side and his eyes fill with concern.
Taking a deep breath, I turn off the waterworks and I start to tell Anthony what is happening. No more pretending after this.
"I'm scared to sleep. Every time I shut my eyes Kalel is here doing another tortuous thing to try and end our relationship."
Anthony looks at me with deep concern.
"Ian, I think you and I need to see someone about this. If it's making you this bad you're going to fall ill and she'll carry on slowly carving a hole in our hearts. I noticed what the fans were commenting on our videos and I feel so ashamed for not noticing it sooner."
I place my hands on his bare chest.
"It's not your fault you didn't notice, I am a pretty good actor!"
I grin trying to lighten the mood. When he smiles back I feel like a grey storm cloud has slid over and is gone from our lives. For now.